Control Module Industries evse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkettner

I had not read about this charging equipment supplier until today.
Interesting that a dealer installed something besides AV. :lol:

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news21145.html

http://evse.controlmod.com/

Check out the power sharing:

Installed between the circuit breaker and charger, the power sharing module works with
existing electrical systems – homeowners don’t need to upgrade to 200 amp service,
make new space in breaker boxes or add additional breaker panels. When a vehicle has
been plugged-in for charging, should an alternate source – like a clothes dryer or oven –
be turned on, the unit automatically and instantaneously suspends vehicle charging. When
the appliance is turned off, vehicle charging resumes, without any additional user effort.

Agree. The power share is clever. Would be very applicable to something that would make practical usage of the fast charge port.

I'm thinking that this would play havoc with the LEAF's charging timers. Let's say that you set your timer for a 100% charge beginning at midnight. Midnight comes and your car starts charging. Then some load comes on and the car stops charging. Then the load stops and power is available to the EVSE again, but it is past midnight. From my experience, the car will not start charging again unless someone presses the timer override button. It is the event of the start time that triggers the charger, not the fact that the time is later than the start time.

Not sure how many would dry clothes at midnight. Do any dryers come with a start timer to use off peak energy? They should. Just as I want a timer on my fridge compressor to avoid power use during peak hours.

Probably could also set car as priority so the laundry can wait if car is charging.

Back