Cost to perform the "Annual EV Battery Usage Report"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some people reading this thread might be surprised with the amount of driving a lot of LEAF owners are doing. I've had my LEAF 58 days and I have 3300 miles on it. I can't put it away! I expect to run out of the battery warranty within 5 years. I met a fellow at a recent LEAF gathering that has more than 11000 miles since January. He said Nissan has asked him to come in to see the battery... :cool:

TangoKilo said:
I think some people reading this thread might be surprised with the amount of driving a lot of LEAF owners are doing. I've had my LEAF 58 days and I have 3300 miles on it. I can't put it away! I expect to run out of the battery warranty within 5 years.

Its unlikely your battery has a factory defect, with all the miles you have on it by now.. but wear on the battery is not covered and it is a wear item.. the question is how many cycles can the Nissan battery handle?.. 1000-1500 or more?

TangoKilo said:
I think some people reading this thread might be surprised with the amount of driving a lot of LEAF owners are doing. I've had my LEAF 58 days and I have 3300 miles on it. I can't put it away! I expect to run out of the battery warranty within 5 years. I met a fellow at a recent LEAF gathering that has more than 11000 miles since January. He said Nissan has asked him to come in to see the battery... :cool:
In the first 3 weeks of ownership, we put 1500 miles on the Leaf.

At least one dealer has offered free battery checks to our members, as often as every 3 months. However, JUST usage statistics is NOT really useful to me.

To better monitor my LEAF's battery health, I need technical information on cell-equilization (frequency and cell variance), cell-pair voltages and "resistances", and the current Battery Capacity (that is not covered by warranty).

Try to get a print-out of these Battery Diagnostics pages (that would normally be used to detect defective cells), and we will look at the info and help (all of us) understand it.

If my battery's capacity is going down, I want to know about it NOW, way BEFORE it is down by 8%, while I still have time to DO something about my usage patterns.

The dealership should be able to give you a printout of the battery diagnostics, for a nominal hookup fee plus time. Go and ask.

Back