Couple of quick questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdmon

I just got my Leaf Sunday and have been enjoying it but am still making my way slowly through the manual. The manual talks about Eco mode, but the car as a "B" driving mode in addition to "D" but even when I have the car in "D" it still says "Eco" - so what's the deal? My earlier assumption was the Eco mode mainly dampens acceleration whereas B puts more into the regeneritive breaking, but the manual states that Eco mode does that as well. Or is "B" the same thing as Eco mode, and if so, then why does it need to have both of these displayed, and why does Eco display when I'm in "D"?

My other question is about Bluetooth. I know this probably has more to do with the bluetooth drivers and/or app in my phone, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have a Sprint Galaxy Note 2, and listen to podcasts on an app called BeyondPod. When it first starts playing, it USUALLY shows me the track info for the podcast on the screen, but eventually this seems to be replaced by this one track info that I do not have on my phone as far as I can tell anywhere - it's from Journey's Greatest Hits, lol. Could that have been added somehow by the guy who drove my car from the dealership who had the car to the one I bought it at? I had to set things up with my BT and it registered itself as Phone 1. Or could it be an XM track that somehow got planted as some default display or something? It's just odd that the proper track info gets put up on the screen initially only to be overwritten by this other track almost invariably! :)

ECO and B-mode should be explained in the owner's manual.

ECO:
1. Changes the A-pedal response to encourage lower power acceleration (slower response, longer stroke, higher force).
2. Increases the amount of regen during A-pedal lift.
3. Reduces climate control power use.
4. Can be used in either "D" or "B".

B-Mode:
1. Increases the amount of regen during A-pedal lift. The amount of increase is higher than either "D" or "D-ECO" would provide.
2. B-mode can be used with or without ECO.

My personal preference when driving a 13MY SV or SL is either "B" or "B-ECO", depending upon my priority for economy. When stopping, I try to coast at zero power as much as possible by modulating the A-pedal, then using A-pedal lift regen to slow the car as much as possible before finally braking to a stop at around ten mph. This is highly efficient.

I am not familiar with your Bluetooth issue. I do know that the Bluetooth consortium has not done a great job policing interoperability. Have you tried connecting by USB? Using USB you should have better sound quality as well as having your phone charge.

Back