Crash Testing in Q1 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrgrevolution

My wife and I, recently attended the celebration party for the 1st Leaf owner in AZ. Got there late, just missed the lucky owner, but got lucky with some spirited (literally) nice nissan employees.
Don't remember any names, but do know one guy was local (abc nissan, bald,very nice fella) rest were the traveling group that work with the rollouts and press. After some chit chat, I fired off my question ( the only one that could stand between me and finalizing my purchase /order placed 2 weeks ago) Can you tell me when the Leaf is scheduled to be crash tested by an independent agency? The main guy we were speaking too most of the time said " I believe they plan to shortly, let me ask so-and-so (sorry,don't remember her name either) her reply " That is coming up shortly" the fella then says " I think its because of a lack of leafs currently produced..." she continues " Yes, thats been the issue, of course Nissan has crash tested themselves, but the independent test will happen.... around the first quarter....no... It will happen quarter 1, 2011." I follow with "thats good news, thanks for your answer, do you know which agency will do the testing? Her reply " The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety will be conducting the test" My reply " great, thanks again"

Any thing else we spoke of, is nothing new to this forum, except maybe (was to me) that the trailer for "revenge of the electric car" is up on youtube. I'm guessing you all know that all ready. All the nissan folks were very nice, and personable.

Lets hope, it was them speaking and not the Spirits :roll:

Welcome to the forum nrg! :D I guess our group missed you at the celebration. I did get to congratulate Amir for receiving his LEAF. The food was fantastic and it was very informative and fun talking with the Nissan brass.

Back