CREE headlights on a 2013 SV - problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeilBlanchard said:
Well, its my first post here to this forum. Though I have an experience in headlights conversion and would like to share that.

First, please avoid these cheap "copper tail" design bulbs. It will not provide reasonable cooling. Our cars are much cooler under the hood, however, the general approach is badly engineered. Second, this particular bulb has two chips for the low beam. Again, its cheap solution best way for disappointment. The one referred earlier with cooler on its heat sink and ONE chip per low beam (and ONE chip for high beam). If its truly CREE chip not higher 5000K - its I believe the best you can have.

PS I loved the guy above saying he wants to use "stable proved technology which if HID". Really surprised to hear it from Leaf owner/user. You guys are conservative here in Atlanta :) (I am now @Atl visiting family).

I've went through 2 Cree bulbs in the past 2 years, yet the hid kit in my other car has been flawless the past 3 years. I would get hids over any led kit.

Back