Cypress CA to Mission Viejo CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzwibel

33.3 miles each way mainly freeway driving. Can this be done? Should I attempt it? Have a dinner to attend on 1/20.

No problem. Plan to keep your speed at 60 mph or below and you can make it easily.

I recommend that you print a copy of Tony's LEAF mileage chart guide and keep it in your car. It is a pretty reliable guide that allows you to relate average speed and the dashboard energy efficiency display with expected miles of range.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293#p101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks! I do Irvine and back at least once a week (twice yesterday with a charge in between). But this is a bit further and I don't want to get stuck.

I go to Monterey Park every weekend as well and the Leaf does great on that trip. Also did Little Tokyo and back.

I got this on 5/29/2011 and have a bit over 8640 miles on it so far. I love this car.

I'm the one with "NO2FUEL" on the plates :)

Yep. I do the Irvine - Cerritos - Irvine round trip about once a month for LEAF meetings. If I keep the speed under 60 mph, I usually do each direction in 4 bars. That's about 52 miles round trip. You'll get down into the two last bars by the time you get back, but you should be fine, without getting low battery warnings.

I do the Laguna Hills to Cerritos (RT about 70 miles) easily,
even occasionally adding an extra 2 or 3 miles to check the
availability of the QC in Cypress (at Mitsubishi Headquarters).

I've done from Sun Valley to Knotts Berry Farm (~38 miles each way) on the freeway a couple times. No problem, just keep it 65 or below, and start fully charged.

-Matt

If it'll help, I just did Northridge to Carson (CSUDH) and back (82 miles). Cruise control @ 55 as much as possible, a bit of traffic on the way back (which may have helped!), about 1200' of elevation drop to Carson, and the same back up to Northridge. No climate control, ~50-70°F, made it home with 4 miles left (whew!).

So I'd say set the cruise to 60 and you should be fine...

OT: garygid: What have you found the availability of the Mitsubishi QC unit to be?

The Mitsubishi QC was "fixed" (no longer broken), Powered, and Unlocked, and un-Blocked. :D

I used it briefly to demo the operation, and verify the proper Plug/Unplug sequence ... very important to avoid breaking when unpluging!!!!!

For further details, see the "Mitsubishi ..." thread.

Back