DASHBOARD BRIGHTENS SPORADICALLY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

I 've noticed a few occaissions when the dashboard in the LEAF will all of a sudden brighten for no explainable reason. Has anybody else noticed this? :?:

Bassman said:
I 've noticed a few occaissions when the dashboard in the LEAF will all of a sudden brighten for no explainable reason. Has anybody else noticed this? :?:

I noticed that too, especially when I pass under a bridge or into a covered parking lot.
I guess there is a sensor detects ambient light intensity and adjust the dashboard brightness.

Do both of you guys have the auto-headlights on? If so, when the headlights come on (such as under a bridge), it will adjust the dash to its nighttime level, and then back to daytime level when you emerge and the lights turn back off. I don't think it will do it otherwise... You're probably just not noticing the dimming and only catching the transition from dim to bright.

GeekEV said:
Do both of you guys have the auto-headlights on? If so, when the headlights come on (such as under a bridge), it will adjust the dash to its nighttime level, and then back to daytime level when you emerge and the lights turn back off. I don't think it will do it otherwise... You're probably just not noticing the dimming and only catching the transition from dim to bright.

I thought that too, but it happened one time when the headlights were on normal on position not auto.

Back