Dealer behavior and Transaction Prices in Georgia

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I cancelled my original order and placed a new one. The initial dealership was very unclear about making clear the delivery fees, taxes, acquisition, etc were or not included in the quote and also added almost $2000 to the agreed down payment.

It seems they wanted to be ambiguous enough that at delivery, they could make me come up with thousands more.

I talked to Scott Evans in Carrollton and they gave me a printed quote where it states that all fees, taxes, etc are included and how much exactly I'm bringing to the table at signing. I feel much better treated now.

amtoro said:
Be prepared for MSRP but do not accept more than that; also, do your research regarding payments before talking to the dealer just to be sure they are not adding more fees than is required. Are you planning on buying or leasing?

I chose leasing as the federal tax credit comes right off of the MSRP which means I'm not borrowing that money until tax season, and I'm also putting downed the $ 5000 for state credit to avoid paying interests on those too.

Thanks. I plan on leasing. They are charging the usual fees, like destination charge and stuff. Dealer told me that we were eligible for upto $5000 for state tax credit. So I like your thinking of $5000 down. Anyone have a sense of how I can determine if if will get $5000 or less

amtoro said:
By the way, I cancelled my original order and placed a new one. The initial dealership was very unclear about making clear the delivery fees, taxes, acquisition, etc were or not included in the quote and also added almost $2000 to the agreed down payment.

It seems they wanted to be ambiguous enough that at delivery, they could make me come up with thousands more.

I talked to Scott Evans in Carrollton and they gave me a printed quote where it states that all fees, taxes, etc are included and how much exactly I'm bringing to the table at signing. I feel much better treated now.

Any bad vibes on regal auto, in roswell? Seems to be very pleasant so far.

iae786 said:
Thanks. I plan on leasing. They are charging the usual fees, like destination charge and stuff. Dealer told me that we were eligible for upto $5000 for state tax credit. So I like your thinking of $5000 down. Anyone have a sense of how I can determine if if will get $5000 or less

The Georgia tax credit can be rolled over for up to 5 years, which means that if your tax liability is less than $5000, you get up to that value this time and the next year you can claim the rest until you have received $5000

Did anyone get the LEAF in Georgia bellow MSRP? I have contacted Nissan Stone Mountain and Marietta. Both offered me MSRP. I feel uneasy about it. I've never before purchased a car for MSRP in my life!

Back