Dec 23 - 29. Help at LAX - GFI must have tripped. thx Mike

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laalan

Just left the car earlier top floor in parking 6 and car wings shows unplugged.

Blue leaf by elevator and sole 120 outlet. If someone is around and can plug me in, it is worth $5 paypaled for a cup of coffee for the help.

All the J1772 were in use except the handicap one.

P6 with all the EVs is like a museum for EV. Even 3 Teslas

laalan said:

Blue leaf by elevator and sole 120 outlet. If someone is around and can plug me in, it is worth $5 paypaled for a cup of coffee for the help.

I'm in the office on the 26th and 27th for sure, and possibly the 28th. I can plug you in if one of those days will work? I take it you're all set with the cabling set out and your timers set to off?

If you'd left me a key, I could have put you on the L2 with my wife's disabled plackard and moved you when charged.

mwalsh said:
laalan said:

I'm in the office on the 26th and 27th for sure, and possibly the 28th. I can plug you in if one of those days will work? I take it you're all set with the cabling set out and your timers set to off?

If you'd left me a key, I could have put you on the L2 with my wife's disabled plackard and moved you when charged.

I've never met you, Mr. Walsh; but after reading the above, :) I've decided that you're a nice guy.

derkraut said:
I've never met you, Mr. Walsh; but after reading the above, :) I've decided that you're a nice guy.

Well, I'm no Saint, that's for sure. And it's not an offer I could make to the whole world. But for regular members of the forum, if it works within the confines of my work schedule...LAX is only a few minutes from my office, and I'm glad to help.

Mike,

Charger plugged into the car. Timer set to charge 9pm to noon. Will be back Saturday 7pm. Someone must have unplugged me from wall.

I appreciate the effort

Oh, and you are a nice guy!

You are looking good Alan. Car was OK. Outlet was OK. Don't know why charging didn't commence on the timer for you. However, I unplugged your EVSE from the wall and plugged it back in again and charging commenced immediately (as I would expect it to) and it looks like you were somewhere around 65% charged. You should be good to go when you return.

Saw a silver LEAF directly below Alan's with it's charge port door open but no 120v EVSE to be seen. Hope that's not a sign somebody lifted it!

Thanks MIke.. I arrived at car and full charge as expected. The GFI had tripped though. Not sure if it was due to rain or moisture, but fortunately was after charge.

I really appreciate the time you took out of your busy Holiday schedule to help me out.

mwalsh said:
You are looking good Alan. Car was OK. Outlet was OK. Don't know why charging didn't commence on the timer for you. However, I unplugged your EVSE from the wall and plugged it back in again and charging commenced immediately (as I would expect it to) and it looks like you were somewhere around 65% charged. You should be good to go when you return.

Saw a silver LEAF directly below Alan's with it's charge port door open but no 120v EVSE to be seen. Hope that's not a sign somebody lifted it!
I checked on it when I got there and it all looked good, didn't think to unplug and re-plug. Glad all worked out! I was able to get the only charging spot available, which worked out great for me too!

Back