Delayed Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't be more jealous in any way possible. If it wasn't for the white color I would be there tomorrow morning to pick it up, but I ordered blue with mud flaps......your order date was 6 days ahead of mine so I hope that translates into mine being here in 6 days,....anything to hold on to hope it will come soon. Have fun with the car and maybe we'll see you sometime in PA - we'll surely honk.

centralpaleaf said:
I can't be more jealous in any way possible. If it wasn't for the white color I would be there tomorrow morning to pick it up, but I ordered blue with mud flaps......your order date was 6 days ahead of mine so I hope that translates into mine being here in 6 days,....anything to hold on to hope it will come soon. Have fun with the car and maybe we'll see you sometime in PA - we'll surely honk.

Good news!
My dealer got a blue one today.
Stock vehicle
Unspoken for

If you are serious, it's sitting here waiting for you

Loughead nissan
Swarthmore PA

Good luck

If you pull the trigger on it, let me know. I'll stop over

Hey Killawat,

Thank you so much for the info! We were trying to figure out how in the world to get it from there to central PA when we found out the car is at the dealer today - FINALLY! We saw it today and they say they need 3-4 days to prep it, so I am elated to say the least! I guess this will be my last post here as well - is there a Pennsylvania forum on here somewhere that I could move to now?

Our Leap Day Leaf turned into a Saint Patrick's Day Leaf!
AWESOME. :mrgreen:

centralpaleaf said:
Hey Killawat,

I guess this will be my last post here as well - is there a Pennsylvania forum on here somewhere that I could move to now?

AWESOME. :mrgreen:

Here is the SE PA thread.
It's as close as I can get for you.
Good luck

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a final display of how messed up this whole delivery scheduling thing really is....

Got an email from Nissan today, moving my delivery date again.

Now the week of 3/27.

This would make me really sad, if I hadn't picked it up on the 14th!

Just Nuts.

Love the car though.

KillaWhat said:
In a final display of how messed up this whole delivery scheduling thing really is....

Got an email from Nissan today, moving my delivery date again.

Now the week of 3/27.

This would make me really sad, if I hadn't picked it up on the 14th!

Just Nuts.

Love the car though.

Reserved 3-8-2012
RAQ 3-9-2012
Ordered 3-10-2012
Delivery went from pending to week of 4-25-2012.
4-11-2012: Moved up to week of 4-27-2012.
4-13-2012: Moved up to week of 5-1-2012.
4-17-2012: Carwings opened up, got VIN.
4-18-2012: Moved up to week of 5-3-2012.
4-20-2012: Moved up to week of 5-7-2012.

This is starting to get annoying. I'm guessing it will move up to around the week of the 14th.

FWIW... here is my $0.02 worth:

Don't fret about it. The delivery date is just a guestimate. I've read this forum for over a year and this is a very common observation. Your dealer should have a better idea of when the car will arrive.

My dealer originally told me 3 to 4 months for delivery. Then my sales guy called and gave me a date about 3 months early! (I don't remember now what it was.) I checked the web site and sure enough there was a date there, though it did not coincide with what the sales guy said.

I watched the web site and it changed a few times. Then I got an excited call from my sales guy who said the car was still on the truck but it had just pulled in to their parking lot. Naturally I went down that evening to see it. It was another whole week before we were able to take delivery. And... I had my LEAF in my driveway for almost a week when I got an email saying the delivery date had been changed.

You'll get your car, and like giving birth the hard part will be behind you and all will be well! You will be driving by gas stations with an unmistakeable EV grin!

jimcmorr said:
FWIW... here is my $0.02 worth:
Then I got an excited call from my sales guy who said the car was still on the truck but it had just pulled in to their parking lot. Naturally I went down that evening to see it. It was another whole week before we were able to take delivery.

I'll say this for my dealer.
Mine was delivered in the dead of night, basically without warning, and I noticed it as I drove by about 7am.
They don't open until 10, but at 7am the detail / pinstripe/ plastic removal guy was out there working on it.
I was there when they opened up, and they really went the extra mile to make sure I drove home in it that night.
Loughead Nissan actually ordered extra ones (Blue, White, Silver) when I ordered mine, just to have some on the lot.
When I told him what a pain Aerovironment was to deal with, he ordered a couple EVSE's to keep in stock as well.

Loughead Nissan
Swarthmore, PA

When the dates starts moving by days instead of weeks, your time is near.
Worth the wait. Mine's a blast.
Good luck

Back