delivery within a year?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangerTides

Here's an article about the Volt:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/07/autos/volt_production/index.htm?hpt=T2

...but interesting to me was the minor reference to the Leaf:

While Nissan will not provide expected U.S. sales numbers for the Leaf, spokesman Steve Oldham said the automaker expects to have 25,000 paid reservations for the car by the time it goes into production in December. Nissan is not taking reservations that it does not expect to be able to fill within a year, he said.
Really? Does that mean that those of us who reserved in April are guaranteed delivery before next April? Of course sooner would be better, but for those of us outside the initial rollout areas, even this would be a nice guarantee to have!

StrangerTides said:
Really? Does that mean that those of us who reserved in April are guaranteed delivery before next April? Of course sooner would be better, but for those of us outside the initial rollout areas, even this would be a nice guarantee to have!

I'd guess they are talking about within a year of starting delivery (i.e. before December 2011). BTW, that starting production in December should really be starting delivery in December.

BTW, that starting production in December should really be starting delivery in December.
Yes, I misspoke. I hope they are right, since I just reserved my silver Leaf on July 2, shortly after the Leaf passed 15,000 reservations. Does anyone want to hazard a guess what percent of those who reserved will follow through with a purchase?

Oh well, these spokespeople should speak more carefully then! ;) They should know there are people like me out there who are going to interpret their statements in the most optimistic way possible...

If Nissan is going to deliver at the rate of 2K cars per month in 2011 (i.e. 25K per year) - and assuming 10K of the 15K reservation holders buy the car, everyone who has reserved one now will get a car by this time next year.

So, even that interpretation is probably correct.

evnow said:
If Nissan is going to deliver at the rate of 2K cars per month in 2011 (i.e. 25K per year) - and assuming 10K of the 15K reservation holders buy the car, everyone who has reserved one now will get a car by this time next year.
That would be just about the right time to buy for me (don't want to be the VERY first one to own, just in the first year or so). Hope you are right about the timing/production numbers.

Back