DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking my Leaf into Don Davis Nissan tomorrow morning for the yearly battery check, rotate tires, and hopefully get this update done.

adric22 said:
I'm taking my Leaf into Don Davis Nissan tomorrow morning for the yearly battery check, rotate tires, and hopefully get this update done.
I would suggest you go to Discount tire for the rotation. It is or was free there.

it appears that because mine was an orphan they had no info on me at all in nissan's system (despite me having a full account online filled with that information.....). So I took my car into don davis and got the update. Took about an hour.

As for the tire rotation. Discount tire told me you can only get it if you take the car there new and purchase the lifetime rotation and balance, then its free after that. It appeared that since I had some time with the tires they refused to offer this option to me (and wanted to charge 30 bucks). Don Davis charged 20 bucks and included a vehicle inspection (take the inspection for what you will - is it BS? is it worth it? Does it do anything important?). For me, because Discount was being such jerks, I decided a repore with the dealership was more important anyways and did it there. FYI my check came up with nothing =P. Although, if you follow the service manaual completely, a check is needed @7,500.

I am close to needing my 15,000 checkup. I put alot of miles on the car, I expect 15,000 in April, which is only 10 months of ownership. I am curious how the battery will be handled. It says the check is by time not mileage, but I assumed that was in reference to people that drive the car less. I wonder if it will count if its done earlier.

A two LEAF day! My 10 year old spotted two LEAFs today -- a silver one at CVS with a LEAFER plate and blue one in a south Arlington neighborhood. Nice!

jhm614 said:
A two LEAF day! My 10 year old spotted two LEAFs today -- a silver one at CVS with a LEAFER plate and blue one in a south Arlington neighborhood. Nice!

I wonder if it was me.. I have a Blue leaf and I spent most of my time driving around in South Arlington. I've only ever seen two other Leafs in Arlington and both were white. One is plain and the other has zero emissions graphics on it. I did meet somebody last week at Don Davis Nissan who has a red Leaf and lives in Mansfield. He had a custom license plate that said something like "00 GAS" I think. I didn't catch his name.

I have seen several Chevy Volts lately, though. I drove next to a lady driving one down I-20 and 287 for a couple of miles. I tried waving but she wouldn't look at me. I suppose it is possible she was unfamiliar with the Leaf, or just didn't want to acknowledge me for some reason. Maybe she thought I was a creep or something. Beats me.

I drive during the weekdays through arlington since I work in arlington. I come up from Midlothian and drive along US 67-FM 1382-IH 20-SH 360 and exit @ division. I work in the office building complexes diagonal from Six flags and across from the bowling museum (so just south of IH 30). I do drive occasionally during lunch, but it mostly around the collins area around the ballpark and cowboys stadium. I drive a red leaf, so you may just see me sometimes adric22!

If you ever drive by the North Central Texas Council of Governments you will see my leaf always parked on the two blink chargers there. That is unless my wife doesn't steal the leaf for her work and leaves me with her Audi TT (she has leaf jeleousy! :lol: ).

Picked up mine yesterday, from Courtesy Nissan, Richardson.

You can see my Blue Leaf around Plano, Frisco area. The interesting thing is, my wife works at Southlake which is alteast 35+ miles away from Plano and I was wondering if this won't be of use to her because of all the highway driving, but as luck would have it, her office has quite a few L2 chargers recently installed.

mkjayakumar said:
Picked up mine yesterday, from Courtesy Nissan, Richardson.

Congrats. Anyone planning to go to the Dallas auto show next weekend? I bet Nissan will have a Leaf there. I'm hoping to see some other new EV or PHEV vehicles there too.

mkjayakumar said:
her office has quite a few L2 chargers recently installed.

If those are "publicly available", it would be nice to add them to either the smartphone apps (CarStations or PlugShare) or the Google database admin (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211891722519472891922.0004a754eab81f5c0cf11&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Oh yes! do share the location and how many. I don't have any information about chargers going into the Southlake area. I can add them to the google map!

Does anyone know anything about the charging station(s) at Dallas city hall? Its on the map, but there isn't much information there. I am going to be going to the Dallas Auto Show next weekend and since I'm coming from Ft.Worth it would be nice if I could charge up while at the show. The charger appears to be within easy walking distance of the show. But I'm not sure where exactly it is located and if it is available for public use.

adric22, I have no idea about those two. I knew they were added and opperational (there was much fanfare and articles), but when I tried contacting Dallas City Hall no one there has any clue they even exist much less where they are located, they were all clueless. I tried contacting TXU person in charge of placing those stations, but have not heard back from them at all. You could maybe try and call Dallas City Hall and see if you get smarter people than I have gotten when I tried multiple times. My guess, if I had to make one, they would be in the front half circle parking area since its a visible area they can show them off at. But that lot is always full. They could be in the garage area, but I think thats less likely. In the garage area, though, there is a less chance of them being iced. Unfortunately, I haven't had any meetings at Dallas City Hall in a few months so I haven't been able to check myself :(

I will try and call again today and see if I can get someone smarter.

Go to youtube TXU Energy channel and look for "The City of Dallas Plugs in with Electric Vehicle Charging Stations". I am not familiar enough with the Dallas City Hall area to tell you the location but they are shown in the video.

Thanks for the youtube video tip! I was able to correctly identify the location of the chargers based on the video (so sad I have been to Dallas City Hall so much that I can identify that). The two chargers are located on the south side of the building in the "half circle" parking. Specifically they are on the east side of the half circle near Browder Street, almost at the end where it adjoins the front drivewway/cross street infront of the City Hall Building.

The units are by Aerovironment, which have a sliding door mechanism to access the plug. If you have used eVgo's level 2 chargers its exactly the same, but, since they are free and open to the public, without the key fob requirement.

In addition, it looks like the spots are marked really well with signs stating EV parking and for plug in only, subject to tow otherwise, so that would help assure they are not iced.

Pipcecil said:
In addition, it looks like the spots are marked really well with signs stating EV parking and for plug in only, subject to tow otherwise, so that would help assure they are not iced.

That is great news. Thanks for the help! I have looked at the satellite view on google maps so I am pretty sure I see the area you are describing. I am also thrilled to hear they are marked for EVs. that gives me a much better chance of actually getting a spot to charge when I arrive.

I can make the trip without charging. It is about 33 miles one direction. If I stay off the highways that would even more guarantee I can make it. But it would be great to catch a couple of hours charging while I'm there. That would make the return trip much more comfortable.

I'll just plan to take side streets on my way there and if I get to charge then I'll take the highway on the way back home.

I thought I should give an update to my adventure...

We drove from Ft.Worth to downtown Dallas today and pulled up at City Hall. Since I wasn't sure I'd be able to charge, I drove kind of slow, took a lot of side streets, and kept the climate control off. That way if I couldn't charge, I'd be able to return on what was left in the battery. We made it there with about 50% left on the battery.

There were 2 chargers and they were properly marked and no cars were parked in the spot.

The problem was it was an Aerovironment unit and required a keyfob. I had not heard of this particular network before. I mean, I know AV made charging stations, the one in my garage is an AV unit. But I didn't know they had their own network. I have cards in my glove box for blink and chargepoint, but obviously not this one. I called the customer service number on the front and they said they could turn it on. I read them the serial number but they couldn't find it in their system. She kept putting me on hold and I think this went on for about 20 minutes. Eventually she asked me who my electrical provider was. I said "Which one, here at the station, or at my home?" She said "at your house." So I told her Stream Energy. She still couldn't find it and said she'd call me back in a few minutes. 10 more minutes goes by and she called back and said they found it but it was listed under TXU. Of course, had she asked me about the provider at that spot, I would have told her TXU, but she seemed more interested in my home. Anyway, it unlocked and I was able to get the cable out and charge up.

The great news is, by the time we left the auto show, I had 100% charge. So the ride back to Ft.Worth was nice and comfy.. 75 mph on the highway with the air conditioning going.

The other odd thing is I wanted to go ahead and get a keyfob from them but when I got home and went to their website, it doesn't show they even have a network in Texas. How odd..
6866392238_a806613759.jpg

Back