Does anyone else get "Leaf" foot?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice my foot gets tired if I drive in ECO mode, but it is not an issue as long as I use D mode. I suspect the issue in ECO is having to press the pedal further against the return springs for a given speed and having to hold it carefully to maintain steady speed.

Gerry

I have a Red 2014 Leaf and the seat has two handles on the left side. One for height and the other, a smaller one, for the seat back adjustment. The forward backward adjust is a pull bar at the lower front of the seat. I'm curious to see if the bolt and washer modification would help any but I'd really rather just change the whole seat out. I concur that the price of the extension brackets is unreasonably steep. In the end I'll likely just leave it alone and suffer along until one of the Ice buckets dies and then go looking for another Electric that fits.

Zurc.

Just to fill in a few blank spots, I'm not working to coast the car or get regen back, I don't "feather" the pedal either. I drive it like a normal car and I'm heavy with the accelerator at times (It's dropped on coilovers and I typically push it through the turns).

I had thought about the seat extenders but since they don't correct the height of the seat I have never bothered to look into them much more. My wife and I were just curious as to how many other people have encountered this, again as I mentioned in my first post we can't be the only ones.

Oh and since my wife is 5'7" and she's been affected by it I begin to think it's just the height/angle at which the driver seat is placed and has nothing to do with how far back the seat can or cannot go. ;)

Interesting. Have not had this problem. I am very tall 6'4" but its torso height (short legs 29" inseam) so I don't have this problem. I DO need the seat 100% back though and do kind of want it back JUST a hair more.

my discomfort is minor but its width (me pushing into the center console against my leg)

ie I fit in a geo metro fine :) (permanent dent in the roof liner for my head though :)

no height problem in the leaf and I keep the seat upright. VERY painful for me to "lean back" while driving.

I also have the opposite experience with minivans. I PREFER minivans specifically because they are more comfortable to me. taller higher seats more leg room more head room etc..) THOUGH this is specific to VOYAGERS (caravans) I think. my mom's venture and pop's old lumina and freestar (chevy and ford) where HORRIBLE in every aspect.

so maybe i should say get a voyager/caravan minivan if your big and tall :)

Back