Door Lock Button Illumination

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsevier

On our 2014 S, the buttons on the drivers door armrest are not all backlit when the headlights are on. The mirror position switch and and electric window switch are backlit but the door lock/unlock button and window lockout button are not.

Does anyone know if bulbs are fitted and wired for these locations and mine are burned out? I know Nissan bean counters removed the glove box light for the S in my year...

Thanks in advance.1000008138.jpg

On our 2014 S, the buttons on the drivers door armrest are not all backlit when the headlights are on. The mirror position switch and and electric window switch are backlit but the door lock/unlock button and window lockout button are not.

Does anyone know if bulbs are fitted and wired for these locations and mine are burned out? I know Nissan bean counters removed the glove box light for the S in my year...

Thanks in advance.View attachment 2898

Thanks in advance.View attachment 2898
OK, see this is a design choice by Nissan to omit blacklighting. Will resort to using dome light in the future.

You can buy lighted switches since Nissan made them for other models that are exact duplicates of the Leaf (except lighted). Search the forums for the details.

When the lease runs out on our current Leaf, we will not get another unless Nissan has corrected this stupid “unfeature”.

Back