Electric vehicles beat gasoline cars in cradle-to-grave emissions study

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jpadc said:
And hydro electric plants (as is much of our national electric grid) is dangerously hackable and keeping it operational on such dated technology is incalculably stupid -- but its not a relevant caparison as they still produce power and worth the cost of upgrading which is not true of computers (and soon cars).
Better to downgrade to prevent a hack.
No computer, no internet. Just turn on the water and let it rip with all the mechanical (analog) controls.

Hydro may get hacked but the engineer will turn off the computer and run the generation old school.
You talk as if life did not exist before the internet. We went to the moon with virtually no computer.
This stuff is not that hard.

smkettner said:
jpadc said:
And hydro electric plants (as is much of our national electric grid) is dangerously hackable and keeping it operational on such dated technology is incalculably stupid -- but its not a relevant caparison as they still produce power and worth the cost of upgrading which is not true of computers (and soon cars).
Better to downgrade to prevent a hack.
No computer, no internet. Just turn on the water and let it rip with all the mechanical (analog) controls.

Hydro may get hacked but the engineer will turn off the computer and run the generation old school.
You talk as if life did not exist before the internet. We went to the moon with virtually no computer.
This stuff is not that hard.
As an example of working through computer issues, and also just because ('1201 alarm' has been engraved on my memory from an early age :D , even if I did miss watching it live. Although I was on my first overnight campout, I've never stopped kicking myself): https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11.landing.html

Back