End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading this informative forum since first leasing a 2015 LEAF, but posting a question for the first time. Does anyone yet know the minimum buyout price allowed by Nissan Finance for April on a 2015 24-month lease? One Atlanta area dealer was kind enough to show me a copy of the matrix for March; you had to look closely at the fine print under ***, but it indicated the min buyout for a 2105 24mo lease was $6000. thanks!

GlennD said:
I keep getting buyout offers for the 2013 that I turned in to Nisson. It seems the right hand does not talk to the left]. At least the dealer updated their records and I no longer get calls, only mail from Nisson.

database management is a tireless and unending drive to frustration. I still get buyout offers on my 2010 Prius (SO totaled it in 2012) my 2011 LEAF (returned off lease Dec 2013) but I will say its easy to see who uses the same database.... Allstate, GEICO, and AmFam since they are neck and neck with insurance quotes. :?

Nissan just released incentives yesterday. They added the 2015 MY on the 36 month lease. Shoot me an email with your VIN and I can get to work for you!

Brian McIntosh
Crown Nissan of Greenville
[email protected]
c. 803.522.7458
o. 864.281.1608
f. 864.254.7702

Hi all,

Nissan has extended the GPO incentive for Leaf owners till the end of April 2017. Quotes will vary from dealership to dealership but I can promise "My Nissan Leaf Members" the same transparent service I extended in March 2017.

The offer is less in April as seems to be the trend for the offer. In March they also introduced a minimum purchase price which I will gladly share when you contact me.

Kind Regards,

Todd Grace
Jerry Seiner Nissan
[email protected]
801-949-3550

mcnizzel said:
Hey all I could really use some quick feedback here.

I am quite interested in buying out my leaf lease. I've got a 2013 2 year lease which I extended a year. it is up in a week.
The dealers are slammed at the end of the month here, so I'm not sure I can get the sale completed tomorrow. The buy out offers will change next month I would imagine, hopefully not by much.

what are your thoughts on buying it out this month ( tomorrow) vs. waiting until next month if I can't get it done?
Has Nissan ever backed way off the promotional money available? or gotten rid of it all together? I only considered buying it out this month, so I don't have much history to go on in terms of buyout deals.

any input would be much appreciated.

cheers all!

I just spoke with Nissan today , I was told the promotional buyout offers ended in Sept 2016 and there is nothing new. They couldn't offer me anything to keep my LEAF. :cry:

I just spoke with Nissan today , I was told the promotional buyout offers ended in Sept 2016 and there is nothing new. They couldn't offer me anything to keep my LEAF. :cry:

They either lied to you or are incompetent. Read above: there is a (smaller) buyout offer for April, and there were offers in January and February and March.

flighter182 said:
I've been reading this informative forum since first leasing a 2015 LEAF, but posting a question for the first time. Does anyone yet know the minimum buyout price allowed by Nissan Finance for April on a 2015 24-month lease? One Atlanta area dealer was kind enough to show me a copy of the matrix for March; you had to look closely at the fine print under ***, but it indicated the min buyout for a 2105 24mo lease was $6000. thanks!

Just to clarify what that means, the minimum RPM Purchase Price is the lowest that a Nissan dealership can buy the LEAF from Nissan. Anytime a lease is being purchased by the consumer, the dealership has to buy the car from NMAC first. The car is then sold from the dealership to the consumer. You may be getting varying quotes from dealerships because every dealership has additional costs when they purchase a pre-owned vehicle. In addition, you may be getting varying quotes because dealers are trying to make thousands of dollars on these promotions. If you have any questions about how the LEAF lease buyout works, I'll be more than happy to speak with you. I prefer email and text because I have been getting a ton of responses and phone calls are getting difficult.

Thanks!

Brian McIntosh
Crown Nissan of Greenville
[email protected]
c.803.522.7458
o.864.281.1608

VegasBrad said:
mcnizzel said:
Hey all I could really use some quick feedback here.

I am quite interested in buying out my leaf lease. I've got a 2013 2 year lease which I extended a year. it is up in a week.
The dealers are slammed at the end of the month here, so I'm not sure I can get the sale completed tomorrow. The buy out offers will change next month I would imagine, hopefully not by much.

what are your thoughts on buying it out this month ( tomorrow) vs. waiting until next month if I can't get it done?
Has Nissan ever backed way off the promotional money available? or gotten rid of it all together? I only considered buying it out this month, so I don't have much history to go on in terms of buyout deals.

any input would be much appreciated.

cheers all!

There is a buyout incentive for your Leaf. Feel free to email me at [email protected] for your quote.

LeftieBiker said:

They either lied to you or are incompetent. Read above: there is a (smaller) buyout offer for April, and there were offers in January and February and March.

Thanks for the reply, I was surprised by what he said, he sounded confident. Thank god for the internet, consumers can communicate and find out what really going on and hold large corporations to some accountability. I'll try calling again. :|

Thanks everyone for the great info on this thread.

Now that we are squarely in April 2017, the Payoff Incentive for my 2015-S on a 36-month lease ending soon is $6,700. I have received a buyout offer from an out-of-state dealer that is based on his Nissan purchase price plus his dealer profit. Not surprisingly, this was a much better offer than my local dealer. Evaluating my options. Fortunately, we have many.

VegasBrad said:
LeftieBiker said:

Thanks for the reply, I was surprised by what he said, he sounded confident. Thank god for the internet, consumers can communicate and find out what really going on and hold large corporations to some accountability. I'll try calling again. :|

Brad, the incentive is a dealer based incentive for Leaf lessee's meaning it is not an offer available directly with Nissan.

Brad, the incentive is a dealer based incentive for Leaf lessee's meaning it is not an offer available directly with Nissan.

IIRC, September 2016 is when the old lessee incentive system ended, to be replaced by the dealer-based incentives. For a dealer to tell someone there is no more incentive at all is, as I wrote, either wrong or an outright lie.

LeftieBiker said:

IIRC, September 2016 is when the old lessee incentive system ended, to be replaced by the dealer-based incentives. For a dealer to tell someone there is no more incentive at all is, as I wrote, either wrong or an outright lie.

Maybe so. Just letting Brad know why he is not getting the correct information by contacting Nissan directly.

Nissan should be sending me the lease extension paperwork now. It isn't hard to get over the phone (I left a message on the live chat system after hours and they called me) but make sure that you tell them that you want the extension "to get a 2018 Leaf." They apparently need to hear that to approve it. It's a 12 month extension, with 3 months free, as noted. I didn't ask about it being "locked" but I'd be amazed if they tried to stop anyone from ending it early. All that happens then is if you aren't getting a Leaf you have to pay back the 3 free months.

LeftieBiker said:
Nissan should be sending me the lease extension paperwork now. It isn't hard to get over the phone (I left a message on the live chat system after hours and they called me) but make sure that you tell them that you want the extension "to get a 2018 Leaf." They apparently need to hear that to approve it. It's a 12 month extension, with 3 months free, as noted. I didn't ask about it being "locked" but I'd be amazed if they tried to stop anyone from ending it early. All that happens then is if you aren't getting a Leaf you have to pay back the 3 free months.

A few who have already completed the deal say its actually "month to month" up to a year and only have to complete 6 months to keep the 3 free month bonus.

See, this is what I don't understand. Some of these buyout incentives were $8000! Now my 2015, 36 month buyout incentive is only $6700. It's better then nothing, but with the model 3 and bolt being released, I am stunned that Nissan is actually lowering their buyout incentive. I'm going to give it another few months (lease is up end of Sept), but if it stays at that, they will prob be getting it back and eating the $5k in depreciation.

Back