ETEC application pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianShipman

Quick question. I am a Sept order, no email today. My Nissan dashboard says "Etec application pending"
because they said my installation may be more than allowed. The email they sent me is that I am still welcome in the EV project but that if the installation costs exceed 1200 than I will have to pay the difference. They asked me to contact them and after countless emails they still do not answer me.

My question is will the "etec application pending" on my dashboard stop me from requesting a quote for a SL-ETEC when I receive my email?

Thanks for all info.

Brian

My question is will the "etec application pending" on my dashboard stop me from requesting a quote for a SL-ETEC when I receive my email?

I asked Roland on live chat this very question this morning. After some struggle with him understanding my question, he said my dashboard should show SL Etec trim as option for me even though I am "pending Etec", not actually approved yet. Whether it actually will show me the Etec trim as the option is another thing! I am Sept. order and still waiting to see my dashboard activated. Waiting, waiting. Perhaps someone who shares our Etec pending status and did order already can share with us what happened for them. Would sure like to know.

I'm in the same situation... ECOtality still hasn't gotten back to me. (they need more information). Hopefully I'll find out more soon.

evnow said:
Call Nissan first thing tomorrow morning and ask for a waiver (if needed).

No, that won't work. My case is similar (been approved but Nissan doesn't officially know) and they told me not to do the waiver because then the dealer will have that added on to the price, and Nissan said it will cause more problems down the road. So even if I receive the email tomorrow, I can't order unless my dashboard is corrected. You only want to do the 'waiver' if you don't want to be in the EV Project, you just don't qualify, and/or you want to get your own.

YAY! ECOtality and the EVproject finally got back to me this morning.

I'm in the "your installation may be too expensive but you can still participate" crowd. I get a $1200 credit towards installation and a free charger. Yay! :)

Now only if they can schedule that appointment out here soon and give me an assessment so I can order the darn LEAF. :)

[/YAY! ECOtality and the EVproject finally got back to me this morning.

quote]

I finally heard the same email message from Etec this morning. Of course, I said yes to the assessment. I have confirmed again with live chat this morning (this time Patrick) that even though I show pending Etec on my dashboard, I will be able to order no problem and also with automatically be offered the SL etec trim package.
I have still not been allowed to order from my dashboard. I am Sept. order and did reconfirm this with Patrick on chat.

I haven't even tried to order yet - as the e-mail said that I can't order until they do the assessment.

I replied of course and said that I'd participate and schedule the assessment. Have you heard anything back from them yet?

cdub said:
I haven't even tried to order yet - as the e-mail said that I can't order until they do the assessment.

I replied of course and said that I'd participate and schedule the assessment. Have you heard anything back from them yet?

I do see that the Etec email to me today does say that the Etec assessment is needed prior to ordering the car. However, this has not even been required for those not in EV project (they just had to have it scheduled, not actually done). So I am thinking that Etec does not necessarily have the right information. At any rate, I have confirmed twice with live chat that even though I am pending with Etec on my dashboard, that I will indeed be able to order and that I will be offered the SL etec trim.
Once my dashboard is activated to order (has not happened yet), I will try to order and if I encounter any problems, I will be on the phone right away with Nissan. I will post any experience I have with this. If anyone in this situation goes through this before I do, I would appreciate reading about your experience.

Has anyone who told the EV Project that YES they want to participate after that e-mail been contacted again to schedule an assessment?

cdub said:
Has anyone who told the EV Project that YES they want to participate after that e-mail been contacted again to schedule an assessment?
Nope, sent them an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I assume that they are busy.

Not that it matters but I was worried about having the same problem and not being able to order in a timely fashion.
As recommended by evnow I contacted Nissan Chat and asked for the waiver on Sept 1st in anticipation of my Sept order any day.
They told me that I had to wait until my window to order was open.

As it turned out the very next morning Sept. 2nd, I received an email from Ecotality saying my charger and installation will be free. I jumped on the my Nissan dashboard and saw that the order window was open. I clicked through the RAQ process for the SL-e and hit submit and saw it was accepted. (No Waiver needed)

Somehow I suspect that the emails for ECO and the Dashboard Order window are synchronized.

Good luck to all those in queue.....

Cheers

Thanks, Carlos.

I posted the following reply in the official EV Project thread but I think it's relevant here as well:

"I'm in San Diego and I also received the "Status of your Leaf Charger - O" e-mail on September 2. My order date is September 2010.

Apparently we should not receive an e-mail to order the car until after the EV Project assessment is completed. I asked Nissan Live Chat about the timing of my order and this is what they had to say:

"Ryan:
Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Ryan. How may I help you today?

Me:
Hi, I have an order date of September 2010 but still haven't had a home assessment by ECOtality to confirm my eligibility for the EV Project. Yesterday I received an e-mail from ECOtality that stated my home installation could be more costly than their guidelines allow, however, they would still like to include me in the EV Project. If my reservation becomes unlocked before my assessment is completed, would I be able to order the car on time?

Ryan:
Thank you for your interest in the Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle, I am happy to answer that for you. Yes, you will be able to order once Nissan has sent you the notice that you may request a quote from a dealer. The pending determination of EcoTality participation will not keep you from ordering.

Me:
Would I have to wait for the e-mail from Nissan or would the order option become unlocked on my online dashboard before then?

Ryan:
The Nissan email would be sent at the same time the order option is unlocked on the dashboard.

Me:
Thanks. Would I need to fill out a waiver for the assessment or does that not apply to me?

Ryan:
If your participation determination is still pending, then you would not need to acknowledge the waiver.

Me:
Great. Also, I've read online that those in the EV Project select the SL-E trim when they order. Would this option be available to me if my participation is pending?

Ryan:
Your participation in the EV Project will be determined before you are asked to place an order.

Ryan:
So you won't have the opportunity to select the SL-E trim level unless you have been selected as a participant.

Me:
Ok. I suppose that means I'll be ordering closer to the end of the month because I've heard that the assessment may take a while?

Me:
Is there any way to check when the order option will be updated on my dashboard?

Ryan:
The assessment is scheduled so that there is enough time to complete it before your order date comes up. I don't have any date of order information other than what has been already provided for you, unfortunately.

Me:
Sorry one last question. Hypothetically if the order e-mail comes before my EV Project assessment is completed, would it be a problem if I ordered the SL trim and added the quick charge port and then later changed it to SL-E?

Ryan:
Sure. We haven't had any situations like that occur yet. The assessments are always completed and participation determination made before the order date arrives."

Carlos said:
Not that it matters but I was worried about having the same problem and not being able to order in a timely fashion.
As recommended by evnow I contacted Nissan Chat and asked for the waiver on Sept 1st in anticipation of my Sept order any day.
They told me that I had to wait until my window to order was open.

As it turned out the very next morning Sept. 2nd, I received an email from Ecotality saying my charger and installation will be free. I jumped on the my Nissan dashboard and saw that the order window was open. I clicked through the RAQ process for the SL-e and hit submit and saw it was accepted. (No Waiver needed)

Somehow I suspect that the emails for ECO and the Dashboard Order window are synchronized. Good luck to all those in queue.....Cheers

I made a post about not doing the waiver IF you've been accepted into the EVP because Nissan said it will make more problems for everyone. You would have had to purchase the SL with the $700 option, then have headaches later. They told me that even if I get the ordering email, not to order until the SL-eTec is available. I'm tending to agree with you Carlos about how they are related because a friend of mine got an ECOtality email, then could order right away, but before that couldn't. But, remember, ordering later doesn't mean you will lose your place in line. A lot of us are in the same boat with ECOtality.

tzeweiu said:
Apparently we should not receive an e-mail to order the car until after the EV Project assessment is completed. I asked Nissan Live Chat about the timing of my order and this is what they had to say:

For the record, I ordered on Sep 1st and got the final acceptance mail from EVP on 2nd. Ofcourse my home assessment was completed a couple weeks back ...

tzeweiu said:
Thanks, Carlos.

I posted the following reply in the official EV Project thread but I think it's relevant here as well:

"I'm in San Diego and I also received the "Status of your Leaf Charger - O" e-mail on September 2. My order date is September 2010.

"Ryan:
Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Ryan. How may I help you today?

Me:
Hi, I have an order date of September 2010 but still haven't had a home assessment by ECOtality to confirm my eligibility for the EV Project. Yesterday I received an e-mail from ECOtality that stated my home installation could be more costly than their guidelines allow, however, they would still like to include me in the EV Project. If my reservation becomes unlocked before my assessment is completed, would I be able to order the car on time?

Ryan:
Thank you for your interest in the Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle, I am happy to answer that for you. Yes, you will be able to order once Nissan has sent you the notice that you may request a quote from a dealer. The pending determination of EcoTality participation will not keep you from ordering.

Me:
Would I have to wait for the e-mail from Nissan or would the order option become unlocked on my online dashboard before then?

Ryan:
The Nissan email would be sent at the same time the order option is unlocked on the dashboard.

Me:
Thanks. Would I need to fill out a waiver for the assessment or does that not apply to me?

Ryan:
If your participation determination is still pending, then you would not need to acknowledge the waiver.

Me:
Great. Also, I've read online that those in the EV Project select the SL-E trim when they order. Would this option be available to me if my participation is pending?

Ryan:
Your participation in the EV Project will be determined before you are asked to place an order.

Ryan:
So you won't have the opportunity to select the SL-E trim level unless you have been selected as a participant.

Me:
Ok. I suppose that means I'll be ordering closer to the end of the month because I've heard that the assessment may take a while?

Me:
Is there any way to check when the order option will be updated on my dashboard?

Ryan:
The assessment is scheduled so that there is enough time to complete it before your order date comes up. I don't have any date of order information other than what has been already provided for you, unfortunately.

Me:
Sorry one last question. Hypothetically if the order e-mail comes before my EV Project assessment is completed, would it be a problem if I ordered the SL trim and added the quick charge port and then later changed it to SL-E?

Ryan:
Sure. We haven't had any situations like that occur yet. The assessments are always completed and participation determination made before the order date arrives."

He's mistaken about the email coming at the same time. A lot of people have ordered hours before the email arrives. The other thing is, not everyone in the EVP needs an assessment. It depends. In my case, I was 'pre-approved', so no assessment needed.

I just received an e-mail for my home assessment from Baker TSG in Escondido. According to the e-mail: "For next week, we are scheduling appointments on Thursday September 9th and Friday September 10th between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM in two hour windows (i.e. 6-8, 8-10, etc)."

The wheels seem to finally be turning...

Back