ETEC application pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone that has been approved for the EVProject been able to 'sign' the agreement?? I've been sent a link to electronically sign the EVProject agreement, but the link doesn't import any data (not my name, address or anything) and it's not the kind of document that has boxes to fill things out.....

I'm wondering if others are having the same issue?

Jimmydreams said:
Has anyone that has been approved for the EVProject been able to 'sign' the agreement?? I've been sent a link to electronically sign the EVProject agreement, but the link doesn't import any data (not my name, address or anything) and it's not the kind of document that has boxes to fill things out.....

I received my second confirmation email yesterday (Portland, OR). For the first one, I was told to reply to the email and indicate I accepted the offer. Yesterday's email had an attachment which I was asked to print out, sign and fax back.

Assessment was done/approved on Sept 10. Dashboard still indicates eTec application pending

leaf4life said:
Jimmydreams said:

I received my second confirmation email yesterday (Portland, OR). For the first one, I was told to reply to the email and indicate I accepted the offer. Yesterday's email had an attachment which I was asked to print out, sign and fax back.

Assessment was done/approved on Sept 10. Dashboard still indicates eTec application pending

Ok, I can print and fax it, but they seem to indicate the website can be used to electronically sign it, so I was just curious. Perhaps I'll just fax the thing over....

Thanks for the info.

Jimmydreams said:
Has anyone that has been approved for the EVProject been able to 'sign' the agreement??
When I was sent the "status update" email by Ecotality on 9/2 (the one that said they "still had questions" about my installation) they included the link to the residential agreement and said I would have to sign it eventually, so I did. It accepted electronic signature then. Now I see they have changed the page and there are 3 different agreements depending on your utility co.:
> Standard Agreement
> Los Angeles Department of Water & Power Customers
> San Diego Gas & Electric Customers

They no longer appear to accept electronic signatures. Looks like some last-minute updating to the website desired by the utility companies resulted in some rush work on the website, thus the contradictory instructions.

TT

Jimmydreams said:
leaf4life said:
Jimmydreams said:

Ok, I can print and fax it, but they seem to indicate the website can be used to electronically sign it, so I was just curious. Perhaps I'll just fax the thing over....

Thanks for the info.

What is the fax number to fax it back to them?

garygid said:
Perhaps call Nissan CS (877-664-2738) and explain the situation (not complain) and ask if there is anything that YOU can do to help get the records updated?
OK, since it has been a week since I was accepted by eTec and still no change on my dashboard, and since I have a Sept. order date promise from Nissan and there is only a week left in this month, I called CS to see what was happening. They said they realized Ecotality was "behind a little", but it wouldn't matter if I was on "eTec pending" status, that I would still get my invitation to order anyway, according to my reservation timing. I mentioned that this didn't seem possible, as I had not heard of anyone who had been able to order with a "pending" status yet, and how would they know to offer me the SL-etec model in my RAC? The CS rep didn't have an answer for that. He supposed I would just order the SL w/ fast charge option, and that when my acceptance to the EVP came through, the price would be adjusted somewhere down the line. Seems a little messy, and not quite convincing, to me.

I then called Ecotality to try to find out what was happening, since I had no response to my last email yet. They took my inquiry and said they would get back to me, but were able to confirm that I was indeed accepted to the EVP. I then got a response to my email from their construction division about an hour later, also confirming that I was in, but saying that they knew nothing about when Nissan would let me order. I asked them when they would notify Nissan that I was in the program, and they responded fairly quickly that "Nissan will receive all of the September information together. We don't have control of how quick they enter it in their system or when they will invite you to order your car, but I can tell you that you are definitely approved for a free installation and your place in line is not being altered in any way." It was interesting to note the use of the future tense in the "will receive all of the September information together" phrase. This tells me that they have not yet sent my approval (or anyone else's from this area who was assessed in Sept., probably) to Nissan yet, and that it will be done as some kind of batch process.

I then got a return phone call from my earlier inquiry saying that it would be very soon, "a matter of days," they were sure, that I would be able to order my car. Since there are only 4 more working days in Sept., I hope this is true! I will be going ballistic on some poor Nissan CS rep on next Friday, (Oct. 1).
:evil:

TT

ttweed said:
I then got a return phone call from my earlier inquiry saying that it would be very soon, "a matter of days," they were sure, that I would be able to order my car. Since there are only 4 more working days in Sept., I hope this is true! I will be going ballistic on some poor Nissan CS rep on next Friday, (Oct. 1).
:evil:
Meh - none of this is worth getting your panties up in a bunch over. In the end - it's just a car.

drees said:
Meh - none of this is worth getting your panties up in a bunch over. In the end - it's just a car.
True, dat. But when you add in the factors of few cars being delivered in Dec. (and the tax implications for the fed rebate in 2010 vs. 2011), plus the possible depletion of the $5K CARB rebate kitty if funds are not added in the 2011 budget, then the delays in ordering become more frustrating. Not to mention the wife's been waiting since 2009 and wondering when her EV is going to get here, while her Miata is approaching 200K miles and is breaking down and sucking more $$$ constantly (nearly $1K in repair bills last month, plus $500 the month before). and the sense of urgency to get an order in goes up...especially when it will be another 4 months to delivery after ordering....

TT

ttweed said:
drees said:
True, dat. But when you add in the factors of few cars being delivered in Dec. (and the tax implications for the fed rebate in 2010 vs. 2011), plus the possible depletion of the $5K CARB rebate kitty if funds are not added in the 2011 budget, then the delays in ordering become more frustrating. Not to mention the wife's been waiting since 2009 and wondering when her EV is going to get here, while her Miata is approaching 200K miles and is breaking down and sucking more $$$ constantly (nearly $1K in repair bills last month, plus $500 the month before). and the sense of urgency to get an order in goes up...especially when it will be another 4 months to delivery after ordering....

TT

Well said Tom. Thank you very much by the way for sharing the results of your calls and emails to CS and Ecotality. You saved me the calls I was about to try to make. I'm getting nervous too, because of the same time limits you mentioned above. That Ecotality said they would be delivering the "all of the September information together", does more than imply that our eTec approvals won't make it to Nissan until after September. Here's hoping we in the September ordering group still get our invitation to order emails from Nissan before Saturday.

In an effort to keep my panties unbunched:
Cheers!
Scott

zikkut said:
Well said Tom. Thank you very much by the way for sharing the results of your calls and emails to CS and Ecotality. You saved me the calls I was about to try to make.
You're welcome, Scott. :cool: I just received another call from Ecotality (unsolicited) that informed me that they still have not done the batch upload of Sept. assessment data to Nissan. The rep swore it would just be "a few more days" and I would be able to order my car, admitting that they were a "little behind" because it was all such a "new process" for everyone. I thanked her for the update, and said I hoped that it would be done soon, since there were only a few days left in Sept. :cry:

TT

ttweed said:
zikkut said:
Well said Tom. Thank you very much by the way for sharing the results of your calls and emails to CS and Ecotality. You saved me the calls I was about to try to make.
You're welcome, Scott. :cool: I just received another call from Ecotality (unsolicited) that informed me that they still have not done the batch upload of Sept. assessment data to Nissan. The rep swore it would just be "a few more days" and I would be able to order my car, admitting that they were a "little behind" because it was all such a "new process" for everyone. I thanked her for the update, and said I hoped that it would be done soon, since there were only a few days left in Sept. :cry:

TT

Again, another thank you Tom (particularly for this hopeful news!).

It's funny (or rather not funny) that your wife's Miata with 200k miles is recently having costly repair bills. Our Honda CRX with 420k miles had the same repair bill amounts that her Miata did in the last two months. Given that our Honda CRX had no major repair bills until two months ago, I do find this an interesting coincidence. It seems the time is clearly indicated that our long distance gas cars should be supplemented with an around the town (San Diego) electric car. Like your wife, I've been wanting to eliminate the tail pipe of my car for a very, very long time (even though our Honda CRX still gets 50 MPG and I acknowledge where the energy to charge and manufacture an electric car comes from, an electric still looks to be more efficient than an IC car.) (I have read that 40-60% of all the energy resources a car will use in a typical car lifetime are used in just the manufacturing of the car).

zikkut said:
(I have read that 40-60% of all the energy resources a car will use in a typical car lifetime are used in just the manufacturing of the car).
Off topic, but your estimate on production energy costs of a vehicle seems to be at least 2-3x higher than what I have read.

Even with the super efficient Prius (who's manufacturing energy costs are a bit higher than a non-hybrid thanks to the battery) the ratio is 20-25%.

A Corolla is more like 15% - less efficient vehicles are even worse.

zikkut said:
(I have read that 40-60% of all the energy resources a car will use in a typical car lifetime are used in just the manufacturing of the car).

See this. Prius takes about 900 gallons of gas equivalent to make. in a 20 mpg car that is like 1 1/2 years of driving.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=520&start=0

Let us continue discussion in that thread ....

My update is that we got the etec assessment 9-22-10. Today I received an email from etec saying that "Congratulations! .....your blink in house charger (their word!) and installation will be free of charge. Nissan will be contacting you shortly ....for ordering", etc.
My dashboard still says Etec pending. I have not been able to order. I am a Sept. order and yes, I am trying to keep my panties unbunched as well. Tough order! :evil:

Thank you, Tom for updates.

Kataphn said:
I just checked my dashboard and now it says Etec application accepted! However, still cannot RAQ. :evil:
Good for you! Mine still says "pending" as of this morning, 9/29. :cry:

TT

My dashboard switched over from pending to accepted between 10AM and noon today. Finally! Still can't order though...

tzeweiu said:
My dashboard switched over from pending to accepted between 10AM and noon today. Finally! Still can't order though...
Ditto here. At least it's a step. I have the feeling it will be tomorrow for my order window to open, but I'll be checking all day now.

TT

Back