EV charging at area supermarlet

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boba

Couple of months ago I was told by a Hannafords employee, who saw my Leaf, that a charger (L2) was at the side of the local store in Camden Maine. I charge up for the hour it takes for my wife to shop. No cost so far. Looked at plugshare this morning and the Augusta
store has a CHAdeMO for a price. The company has a lot of stores in New England so it looks like might become a nice way of tooling around beyond Bangor, Augusta and Portland. Looks like a good system as long as the cost is reasonable.

Speaking of price, I don't really understand the following message on the Augusta site, especially the one concerning Nissan. Are they talking about my credit card or EVgo's? Can I charge up without using EVgo?

Cost
$5.95 session fee plus $0.20 / min. SAE Combo: Credit Card activation ONLY. CHAdeMO: Nissan No Charge to Charge accepted OR Best pricing with EVgo plan
Hours
24/7
Description
EVgo. Credit Card: $5.95 session fee plus $0.20 / min SAE Combo: Credit Card ONLY. EVgo plan not available CHAdeMO: Nissan No Charge to Charge accepted; Best pricing with EVgo plan @ nrgevgo.com

Bob

I will take a stab at it:
$5.95 session fee plus $0.20 / min. - Cost to charge for most people

SAE Combo: Credit Card activation ONLY. The SAE Combo only takes credit cards.

CHAdeMO: Nissan No Charge to Charge accepted OR Best pricing with EVgo plan
-The CHAdeMo charger also supports the No Charge to Charge program and EvGo subscription plans. If you don't have either, I would assume the cost is the above referenced $5.95 + $.20/min.

We have lots of Hannaford markets around here, but not a single charging station. (Price Chopper/Market 32 has several stores with them.) It would be nice if Hannaford added them here in cities where PC doesn't have them.

Back