Ev duty Vs Leaf charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLPlus22

I have an odd problem that maybe someone can figure out with the following infos (my english ain't the best sorry)

I have a sl plus 2022 and a 2015 sl.

If I use my ev duty charger, won't react on the sl 2015 (use to charge it fully in about an hour)... if I plug the 120v leaf charger, charges normally.

If I plug the ev duty in my sl plus 2022, it charges but says check ev system when I start the car.

Pretty sure its the ev duty charger... imo one wire is loose or unplugged either in the ev duty box or the J connector. The ev duty box is riveted and can't locate any screws on the J connector...

Just wondering if with these infos someone can figure it out...

Thanks a lot

I have an odd problem that maybe someone can figure out with the following infos (my english ain't the best sorry)

I have a sl plus 2022 and a 2015 sl.

If I use my ev duty charger, won't react on the sl 2015 (use to charge it fully in about an hour)... if I plug the 120v leaf charger, charges normally.

If I plug the ev duty in my sl plus 2022, it charges but says check ev system when I start the car.

Pretty sure its the ev duty charger... imo one wire is loose or unplugged either in the ev duty box or the J connector. The ev duty box is riveted and can't locate any screws on the J connector...

Just wondering if with these infos someone can figure it out...

Thanks a lot
I have a problem with my EV 6.6kw charger. Where I connect the plug and it gives me funny beeps and no charge. My 120v works fine. I learned that when I tip up the charge plug, I hear a click and it works fine. I wonder if you have a similar issue. in short: plug in, lift up the back of the plug, and see if it clicks and works correctly.

cool ill try it... I do not get a reaction and pried it around before and was able to get a bip. Also sometimes it starts to work correctly but stops recharging after 2 minutes... Had no problem before... Ill try again with your tip though!

My guess is at some point the EV Duty station was plugged to one of the cars and at its limit lenght and maybe the car slid a little further because of ice and a slight slope...

Because where the ev duty wire connects to the EV DUTY BOX, the metal there was bent a little showing something had pulled it or something...

So IMO either in the box or the J connector, a wire is loose... It's not a problem for the 2022 although it says on the dash to check the EV system after a charge... and since that happened, it doesn't work anymore with the 2015.

Anyway thanks again for reading and trying to help, ill try your tip later tonight when I go to unplug the 120 charger!

Tried it and no go... guess ill have to drill the rivets and open the evse to see whats up...

The J connector looks like a snap or clip type of device... i dont see any screws... will try to find a yt

Can you borrow an EVSE from someone else first to see if you have the same problem with other EVSEs?

Back