EV Parking Space Protocol?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
Towing a Tesla Roadster can't normally be done without damage unless you can access the touch-screen and place the car into a special "Tow Mode". The reason is that in the "OFF" state the electric motor and/or gearbox is locked by a paw. In "Tow Mode" state the paw is released, but the wheels are still connected to the motor and gearbox (regen! :) ), and it is possible to now slowly pull the car onto a flatbed trailer.

I wonder how this will work in the LEAF ?

(Separate thread?)

You don't have to actually tow the cars to get the effect. All you have to do is put a boot on the car and make them pay a fine to get the boot removed and they will learn to not park there again. No worries about damage with booting the vehicle instead of towing.

Boots are not used around here (So CA), but might be a good idea.

Also, booting does not free up the parking spot, and
requires a second trip to get the "boot" removed.

I suspect the towing and impound lobby would object.

It can always go on a dolly. You know those little tires on the back of some tow trucks.... well those go under the locked wheels and the other axle is lifted by the regular hitch.
If the police say tow it.... it will move to the impound yard does not matter how big, small or difficult.
I have had so many cars towed blocking an ally way for access to an apartment building I used to own I can no longer count. I used to call it the city valet parking service :lol:

garygid said:
Boots are not used around here (So CA), but might be a good idea.
I've lived in California most of my life, and I had to use Google to find out what a boot was! I don't recall ever having heard of them before. My only automotive associations were a flexible rubber covering for a lubricated joint, and the British term for a trunk.

Back