EV Power Consumption/Measurement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanton

For those of you lamenting there's no 240v "Kill-A-Watt" device, I've discovered a company that makes an easy-to-use alternative. The company is called "Think Eco" and the device is called a "Modlet" (http://themodlet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). It sets up a home (mesh) network for every device installed, automatically logging/recording data. You can buy the 120v version on Amazon, etc., but the 240v version is not commercially available. However, if you try the "standard" Modlet and like it, PM me and I'll give you the contact info for the person (at Think Eco) who can get you one. It took me less than an hour to set up a network consisting of (one each) 120v and 240v devices, and they even have an iPhone app that displays energy usage data similar to the online web-based tool.

Boomer23 said:
The 110 V model is a plug-in device. Can the 240 V model be wired into a hard wired EVSE circuit?

Everything they make is "plug-in" (there's a wireless transceiver and memory in every device). The 240v version is like a "plain" (not locking) 6-20R/P adapter.

Back