EV Project expanded to the San Francisco Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 DC fast charging stations in the Bay Area.

I wish it was 100, but that's 30 more than we would otherwise have.

Glenn said:
Ready2plugin said:
Great information Glenn. Thank you for posting this. It does give us some hope. I wonder why the Bay Area's EV Project would differ so much from LA and San Diego?
Brian, I don't think there would be much difference at all, perhaps a few tweaks based on regional politics or whatever. It's just that they'd be also involved with BAAQMD in getting some of their funding (I believe they get a major infusion from DOE) which would then affect how much, if any, they'd then charge the end user. But I could be way off base and unfortunately a lot more won't be known until they sign off on the contract with BAAQMD.

Glenn

Sorry Glenn, I was confusing the original BAAQM rebate with the EV Project program. It's been one of those days. I'll be very happy to get the $700 if possible. It would have been nice to get the quick charge port, Blink home charger as well as the $1,200 back for installation from the EV Project. Any idea when they are going to come out with a timeline and map of the DC Fast Chargers?

stanley said:
Groundloop, Do you know if freee Ecotality chargers are still available in San Diego or have they filled their allotment?
San Diego is still open to new enrollment. At least, it was on Jan 1 when I talked to a representative.
They also opened it to Volt owners (pre-delivery).

What about the original BAAQMD rebate that was alloted? Were they not supposed to give some rebate to the home owners? How does one go about getting credit for that?

NM: Here is the link that explains it. http://www.baaqmd.gov/Divisions/Strategic-Incentives/Alternative-Fuel-Infrastructure/Electric-Vehicle-Technology-Resource-Center.

Duh!!! thats the same link that Glenn had provided. I guess I missed seeing the link.

csriram45 said:
This is the info I just got.

Thank you for your email! At this point, Nissan will be sending out a survey to people who have pre-ordered the LEAF that will help determine whether you are eligible for the EV Project. As the grant was just announced, we are still working to determine EV Project boundaries and zipcodes for the Bay Area. You may sign up for our newsletter on the EV Project website at http://www.theevproject.com/sign-up.php, and that way we will have your information in our database of interested Bay Area residents. Please stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for your support!

Best regards,
ECOtality
csriram45, what email address did you use to contact ECOtality? I would like to write them and ask if they would go into a little more detail on what exactly they mean by "pre-ordered" and if those that have already taken delivery would still be eligible.

Got some answers to my questions through their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ecotality/posts/175815569128030

Quote below:

We're currently rolling out the project with Nissan, but also working out details and agreements with other auto manufacturers to bring more EVs to the Bay Area. We want to extend these benefits to as many residents as possible.

Nissan will ...be sending out an email to those that have ordered the Nissan LEAF and are already part of the LEAF Customer Journey. The email will have directions to The EV Project survey/questionnaire. From there, the responses will be reviewed and some residents will automatically qualify, others will be contacted if additional information is needed to determine whether or not they qualify. However, there are several stages of the journey and you should receive correspondence from Nissan, with directions that apply to the stage you are in. If you aren't already part of the LEAF Customer Journey, you can sign up from their website: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/login/auth.

Additionally, if you haven't ordered a Nissan LEAF, or have another EV, the next best course of action is to go to The EV Project website (www.theevproject.com), go to the sign up page (http://www.theevproject.com/sign-up.php) and fill out the form. This will keep you up to date on EV Project developments.

Hope that answers your questions! :)

zhengst said:
Got some answers to my questions through their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ecotality/posts/175815569128030
Good find, Zhengst!

I spoke with Ecotality today and was informed that there will "soon" be an Ecotality rep in the Bay Area but that, unfortunately, there isn't much more they know at this point, as details of their program as it relates to the BAAQMD grant have not been finalized. "Soon" was defined as more than a few days, but in all probability before the end of February. Patience was advised, but as we Forumites know, that's a hard commodity for us to come by! :)

I'll post back here just as soon as I have further information from Ecotality,

Glenn

Has anyone received a call or email on this subject form Nissan or Ecotality?

zhengst said:
"Nissan will ...be sending out an email to those that have ordered the Nissan LEAF and are already part of the LEAF Customer Journey."
Journey? As in the Bay Area band Journey? How appropriate. I will not "Stop Believin'" that I will be offered to be part of the EV Project until I hear otherwise ;)

Spies said:
zhengst said:
"Nissan will ...be sending out an email to those that have ordered the Nissan LEAF and are already part of the LEAF Customer Journey."
Journey? As in the Bay Area band Journey? How appropriate. I will not "Stop Believin'" that I will be offered to be part of the EV Project until I hear otherwise ;)
You can't have it any way you want it, so unless you and NIssan are prepared to go your separate ways I'd suggest you faithfully start looking for delivery sometime after the fall.

Glenn said:
Spies said:
zhengst said:
You can't have it any way you want it, so unless you and NIssan are prepared to go your separate ways I'd suggest you faithfully start looking for delivery sometime after the fall.
:lol:

Glenn said:
Ahhhhh! Mommy mommy make it stop!
:lol:

Back