EV's everywhere!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FormerFF

It's gotten to the point where Leafs are common around here, it's a rare commute where I don't see on on the road. There are four in my office's parking lot. Saturday I was out for a bike ride and a Tesla roadster pulled up alongside. Yesterday, I stopped for groceries and a parked next to a Fisker Karma, then drove to the park for a run, and in the parking lot were two Leafs, out of about a total of 30 cars.

I didn't expect this kind of acceptance so quickly.

I commute to Roswell from up North, too far to take the LEAF, but man have I been seeing a LOT more LEAFS on the road in Roswell/Alpharetta, they are everywhere. Seems like 6 months ago I was lucky to one once a week, now it is not unusual to see 1 or 2 every day. I'm even seeing more up North too.

Yesterday driving home from work I saw a couple of Leafs, a Volt and a Tesla Model S (which looked really cool). I now see a Leaf and a Volt most of the time on the drive to work. Have only seen a Model S 4-5 times.

I stopped in the same grocery store today as I did earlier in the week. When I came out, there parked next to my car was the same Fisker. What are the odds?

Inside of five minutes driving in Irvine, CA this afternoon, I saw a Scion IQ EV, a spanking new Tesla Model S 85, and a new Honda Fit EV. I also saw a Chevy Spark and a Fiat 500, but those probably weren't the EV versions, though you never know which prototypes are running around out here. :D

When I first got my LEAF I hardly ever saw another one. The other day I was entering a traffic circle just as another LEAF was exiting. It was very cool.

Sounds pretty cool! Have you noticed charging stations getting crowded at all?

Not too many EV's in my area. Volts are the main thing around here. I have seen 4-6 in my area, when I go over to Detroit I see them all over.

I did see several EV's this weekend though... but it was at an EV show/rally :)

CMYK4Life said:

Not too many EV's in my area. Volts are the main thing around here. I have seen 4-6 in my area, when I go over to Detroit I see them all over.

A few weeks ago I went to Walgreens. They have a charger there and I was going to plug in while I went inside. I didn't need the charge; I just wanted to show approval for the charging station.

When I got there, there was a Volt plugged in and beside him was a LEAF with the driver looking disgruntled. The Volt owner had left his vehicle plugged in and he and his friend had left the scene while the LEAF driver needed the charge to make it home but had to wait.

This is rare as far as I can tell. Mostly the charging stations are available whenever I need them. But then I hardly ever need them.

I'm seeing more and more all the time. Definitely an uptick since the US plant opened. A couple of weeks ago I saw another in our worksite parking lot for the first time.

Here in Nashville EVs are becoming very common, but we are definitely LEAF dominated, likely because Nissan Headquarters are here and the LEAF is manufactured here. We also were one of the EV project locations so there was an initial infrastructure investment. I will see some Volts, but I would estimate it is 4:1 LEAF:Volt, although it is much easier to overlook a Volt than a LEAF. I've only seen one Tesla Model S and one Tesla Roadster here.

In a CNN cut scene from the OK tornadoes I saw a couple tornado destroyed Leafs in the shot. Hope the owners were alright (almost typed OK but that would have been confusing).

CMYK4Life said:
Wanted a charge yesterday at South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa) during lunch and all five spots were filled :|
I understand these are the busiest Chargepoints on the network.

HeyHey said:
Here in Nashville EVs are becoming very common, but we are definitely LEAF dominated, likely because Nissan Headquarters are here and the LEAF is manufactured here. We also were one of the EV project locations so there was an initial infrastructure investment. I will see some Volts, but I would estimate it is 4:1 LEAF:Volt, although it is much easier to overlook a Volt than a LEAF. I've only seen one Tesla Model S and one Tesla Roadster here.
Last year in my part of the bay area, I was seeing a 4 or 5 to 1 Leaf/Volt ratio prior to August, when Chevy began offering the good lease deals. Since then, it's been averaging 2:1 or so; in April IIRR I saw 24 Leafs and 20 Volts, and on one afternoon trip to the south bay last month I saw 6 (possibly 7, but 1 may have been a repeat) Leafs and 3 Volts. While they've got a long way to go until they're as common as Prii around here, they've long since moved beyond once in a blue moon.

FormerFF said:
derkraut said:
Where are you located??

Roswell, GA, USA -North suburban Atlanta.

I live in Roswell, just got a 2013 SL last month. A neighbor up the street has a Fisker.

Car is awesome for my 52 mile roundtrip commute to Atlanta and back. I agree that there are more and more on the road. Its great!

I see at least 4-7 EV's along Lomita Blvd I. Torrance, CA every day...of course I'm passing the GM Advanced Development Facility.

Seriously, there are 5 Leaf's within 1/4 mile of my home, inclusive. and I had great time talking with a new Tesla S model owner lady weekend.

CMYK4Life said:

L2's rarely. L3's almost always. Today, I saw 3 LEAFs all with temp tags in the back windows. Then went to dinner and there was a lady walking out to her LEAF and I asked her how she liked it and she said well enough that she bought her Son one a few weeks ago.

I got a leaf last month, also in GA. The $5,000 state incentive for a 2 year lease makes it an incredibly good deal. Only one or two states have better EV incentives.

Back