EVSE Awning/Cover issues in Palo Alto, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendanDolan

A customer of mine is having an odd issue with the permitting process in Palo Alto, CA, and I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with and resolved a similar issue.

She cannot park her LEAF in her garage, and the city requires the EVSE to be installed under an awning or cover, and according to her electrician, Palo Alto is the only city that gives them grief about outdoor installs.

Anyone in Palo Alto run into this issue? Anyone come across a resolution other than "install an awning?" :lol:

TIA.

I've seen pics of EVSEs on wooden pedestals with a very small "roof" (2' by 3' or so) on top. Or you could install a window awning over the EVSE mounted on a wall, which shouldn't be expensive at all. Would that do the job?

0a8df12c-fac9-4b43-b133-e4c1118fac95_400.jpg

Update: A rep from Palo Alto just contacted me after seeing this post, and mentioned that Palo Alto does not have such a requirement, and my customer had her EVSE install permit approved. Odd situation with some mis information, but all is well and resolved.

BrendanDolan said:
A customer of mine is having an odd issue with the permitting process in Palo Alto, CA, and I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with and resolved a similar issue.

She cannot park her LEAF in her garage, and the city requires the EVSE to be installed under an awning or cover,

TIA.

Brendan, Why don't you find someone to build an awning like this one on my garage?
http://www.evalbum.com/3175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back