EVSE for Marine-Environment location?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddyKilowatt

Can anyone suggest EVSE options most likely to hold up in a marine environment?

This would be to suggest to management for workplace charging, so L1 or light L2 would be fine.

This particular marine environment features blowing salt spray and condensing salt fog in about equal proportions. (With the occasional frosting of seagull guano, and some blowing sand.) I've watched it eat steel and powdercoated aluminum NEMA boxes in a few years.

Management is supportive, I just want to go to them with ideas and the benefit of others' experience. I'm hopeful for EVSEs in our indoor garage, but those spaces are jealously regarded by other employees, not all of them sympathetic to EVs. So I need to be prepared to talk about the outdoor spaces.

Any suggestions from those who know the market well?

thanks,
Eddy

An all plastic exterior that is well sealed is probably mandatory, and you'd better remember to use the rubber end cap on the J-1772 plug religiously. Does anyone know anything about using a *light* coating of electrolytic grease inside the plug and socket?

Sun Country Highway chargers are NEMA 4 rated unlike most other chargers which are only NEMA 3R. Very robust with few gadgets. http://www.suncountryhighway.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back