FINALLY ABLE TO ORDER!!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally received my RAQ today 10-22-10. I got an e-mail from Nissan that my order date would be in Oct. no exact date. Having already gotten a written quote from my dealer, Tonkin Wilsonville Nissan,in Willsonville, Oregon that was at invoice. I just verified my preference of SL in Glacier Pearl, Quick charge port, & Carpeted Mats. I'm leasing because being retired my tax obligation is not high enough to take full advantage of the $7500 tax credit so by leasing Nissan gets the credit and applies it to the down payment. At delivery I'll pay for license, destination, & leasing fees. No sales tax in Oregon. The 39 month lease of $383 per month amounts to $14,937 with a $10,594 end of lease value for a total cost before incentives is $33,031.

I hope this helps.

Nissan LEAF™ ETEC trim, cayenne red, splash guards, carpeted mats

cdub, you're ordering the same color/trim/accessories as me, from the same place. I wonder if we'll get it on the same day...

After much ado over the charger estimate, and much (pleasant and informative) back and forth with the folks at Fontana, I just got my quote through the system for *my* Red ETEC with splash guards and floor mats.

My only question -- and Danny, if you're around, I'd love an answer, although I'll be calling Joanna tomorrow -- is that, if I accept the quote, is it a done deal, or do I still have the option to cancel the order before I take delivery?*

*I have concerns about a recent public battery warranty statement made by a nissan rep, and about the interior durability/susceptibility to dirt now that I've driven it, and I'm still holding my breath to see if I can get someone's real-world range experience on a freeway commute at 70mph...

daveowenville said:
My only question -- and Danny, if you're around, I'd love an answer, although I'll be calling Joanna tomorrow -- is that, if I accept the quote, is it a done deal, or do I still have the option to cancel the order before I take delivery?
It has been stated many times in multiple places that your order is not a commitment to buy the car. Until you sign the final papers and take delivery, the deal is not done. You should have plenty of time to study the battery warranty terms and test drive a demo at your dealer in "real world" conditions before then. I know I'm planning on that myself. There is still a big question in my mind whether I should lease or buy or walk, and it all depends on the battery warranty.

TT

Excellent point, ttweed.

I don't think Nissan realizes how many people have gone as far as Ordering, still with significant doubts.

I have to think that with such large swaths of critical information missing (Battery Warranty!!), no pictures of options, no official 0-to-60, no demo cars, Carwings mysteries, and so on, the order-to-delivery conversion might be lower than they expect.

I've talked a few people out of canceling.. "Just order one and you'll find out before it gets here."

Anybody else from reservation date of 04/20/2010 and an October window able to order yet?
Thanks, Gregg

OC, California
white SL fast charge

I reserved on 4/20 and have an October order date. I got enabled to order yesterday. I'm going for a test drive in San Jose this weekend and will order after that when I'm sure what color I want.

starry said:
Anybody else from reservation date of 04/20/2010 and an October window able to order yet?
Thanks, Gregg

OC, California
white SL fast charge

I was able to order today, but with AV form issues. Reserved 4/20/2010 about 9pm

daveowenville said:
Nissan LEAF™ ETEC trim, cayenne red, splash guards, carpeted mats

cdub, you're ordering the same color/trim/accessories as me, from the same place. I wonder if we'll get it on the same day...

After much ado over the charger estimate, and much (pleasant and informative) back and forth with the folks at Fontana, I just got my quote through the system for *my* Red ETEC with splash guards and floor mats.

My only question -- and Danny, if you're around, I'd love an answer, although I'll be calling Joanna tomorrow -- is that, if I accept the quote, is it a done deal, or do I still have the option to cancel the order before I take delivery?*

*I have concerns about a recent public battery warranty statement made by a nissan rep, and about the interior durability/susceptibility to dirt now that I've driven it, and I'm still holding my breath to see if I can get someone's real-world range experience on a freeway commute at 70mph...

Sorry..didn't see this post till today. Deal is not done till you sign the contract. You may cancel it at anytime, just give us a call. I think Joanna already spoke to you yesterday and we'll call you once we have a dealer demo in stock...

Back