Flickering screen, locking doors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdstoddard

I have a video of this happening and included a link below. Has anyone had a similar issue? When accelerating, my doors are trying to relock and the screen where the charge timer is, flickers. It seems to happen when turning the wheel. My red master caution also flickers. I have an appointment with Nissan this week to check it. Any ideas?

https://vimeo.com/153156926

Sounds like a problem with the car's 12V supply. The LEAF's steering assist uses some fairly butch 12V electric motors, I'd expect, so your being able to provoke the problem by commanding steering changes sure makes it sound like the 12V is getting yanked down. There are many other reports here of weak or ailing 12V batteries causing rampant wierdness in the LEAF's systems, so your symptoms, if they're actually due to the 12V supply not holding up under the power steering's load, are surprisingly mild in comparison. Or maybe they're gratifying evidence that Nissan has finally provided the onboard computers & controllers a decently regulated and clean power supply, so the the "only" things that go wonky are flickering lights and what-not. But definitely get thee to the dealer's shop, pronto.

jdstoddard said:
It was the tailgate. Wasn't latched all the way.

Luckily, that was an easy fix! :lol: Now if I can only remember this if it ever happens to me! You have to get that bodies arm that flopped out of the trunk, tucked back into the trunk when you close it.

:roll: yep! I feel pretty ridiculous to have missed that. Went for 2 days, open and closed all doors, checked charger, etc. Glad it was easy and hopefully my incident saves someone else from latchgate.

Back