Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little tidbit for South Florida residents. In checking Maroone's web site, I found three 2012 LEAFs in transit:

#15108 – est. arrival November 4 (Miami location)
#15167 – est. arrival November 11 (Ft. Lauderdale location)
#15477 – est. arrival November 18 (Pembroke Pines location)

(almost choked when I saw the last one, until I looked carefully and saw the last three digits were 477, and not 774)

My vin on my silver SL is 15124 and its due here in Maryland dealer by "week of November 7th"

so it was built maybe the same day as those above and prob was on the same boat!

:lol:

Fortunately not THE first in South Florida. Looks like at least four AutoNation (Maroone), customers got me beat. If Nissan wants to make a PR event out of the first South Florida resident to take delivery of a LEAF, someone else will get the honor of being on TV.

Quick summary of the South Florida estimated delivery dates I've seen:

#15108 – Miami – 11/04/2011
#15167 – Ft. Lauderdale – 11/11/2011
#15458 - Kendall - 11/18/2011
#15477 – Pembroke Pines – 11/18/2011
#15774 – Davie – 11/25/2011

Unlike AutoNation, it's possible (or likely) that the other, independent Nissan dealers in South Florida (like Bill Siedle), don't post the 2012 LEAFs on their web sites, so there may be some other November deliveries. I can't imagine that AutoNation and Weston Nissan got all of the November deliveries.

Do you guys get the feeling that Florida is a second thought to the EV movment? It seems that we are way behind the rest of the country when it comes to anything EV.

Other states get rebates, other power compainies seem to have insentives case in point:
After reserving my LEAF last month I decided to contact my Electricity provider to see if they had any programs in place for EV charging. They informed me that they could install a second meter, and would basically give me a 30% discount on all electricity used to fuel my LEAF
. Thats SC.

Not one Blink charging station in the state, we cant dive furher than Vero Beach thats seems to be the last station on my iphone app next stop Ga..

We cant even watch the Revenge of the Electric Car unless you wanna drive to Tennessee

Maybe after over 14 months of waiting and seeing every one else get a car before me I am a little pissed.

No question about it.

In the past five years of owning a Prius, I've noticed that Floridians are extremely slow in adopting alternatives to the standard ICE vehicles. At least where I live, it’s pretty much jacked-up monster trucks and SUVs in every driveway. I go to the grocery store and there are people sitting in their SUVs in the parking lot with the engine idling and the windows rolled up, even though it’s a comfortable 80 degrees outside. Definitely a different attitude when it comes to fossil-fuel conservation.

After reserving my LEAF last month I decided to contact my Electricity provider to see if they had any programs in place for EV charging. They informed me that they could install a second meter, and would basically give me a 30% discount on all electricity used to fuel my LEAF

I am gonna reach out to FPL again and see if the above is an option I did email them and they (FPL) offer ZERO in any insentives what so ever for EV's It just makes me fume that even SC is more EV frendly that Florida and they all drive trucks and listen to Willy Nelson.

Bet I get some greif for being politcally incorect on the last statement

I just found for you guys, that FPL indeed, has a Residential Time-of-Use billing program. You would still need to call them and ask what hours and months of the year are peak and which ones are off-peak.

The billing program is called RST-1 where the "conventional" is called RS-1. You would also need a smart meter programmed for TOU; Georgia Power installed mine at no cost when enrolling in the program for 12 months.

Here is the link:

http://www.fpl.com/rates/pdf/Residential.pdf

Not really a benefit, unless you are absolutely sure you will use more power during off-peak hours than on-peak hours.

Here's what FPL has to say...

Time-of-use rates – If your home or business can shift a significant part of electric usage to off-peak times when the demand for electricity is lower, you may benefit from FPL’s time-of-use service. Otherwise, this is not recommended because it could actually increase your bill. With TOU rates, you are billed at a lower rate for off-peak usage and a higher rate for peakperiod usage. To benefit from TOU, your electrical use must be shifted away from these on-peak hours, Monday through Friday:

»» April 1 to Oct. 31, noon to 9 p.m.
»» Nov. 1 to March 31, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Excludes: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day

at the plug-in gathering one gentleman said that it costs $6 per
month for the TOU meter and then the daily rate actually goes
up so here in Florida all your daytime AC pull would be charged
at a higher rate. He didn't think that most would benefit.

There's always the solar route. What we did was keep an eye out for all the rebates and incentives - we managed to get rebates from the state and from FPL. That plus the tax credit paid for 2/3 of our solar. And on most days down here we are producing more electricity than we consume.

evenoelle said:
There's always the solar route. What we did was keep an eye out for all the rebates and incentives - we managed to get rebates from the state and from FPL. That plus the tax credit paid for 2/3 of our solar. And on most days down here we are producing more electricity than we consume.

Gotta love that FPL rebate! I did my garage (7.6kW), and 2 friends houses with the July rebate, 6.5kW and 8.9kW, doing another one this week (9.0kW) for a friend when FPL re-released another $5 million left over from July, and another friend is going for the rebate when they open another $15 million on Thursday! That one will be 9.66 kW. The great prices from Sun Electronics in Miami make this a no-brainer. :D

keydiver said:
and another friend is going for the rebate when they open another $15 million on Thursday!

I didn't know they were opening up another rebate. That's good to know since we have other friends who would like to go solar as well.

I see you have a delivery date now - did you just hear? I just checked my dashboard, no such luck.

evenoelle said:
I see you have a delivery date now - did you just hear? I just checked my dashboard, no such luck.

No, sorry, that is my "Estimated Date of Delivery". With some people who ordered just a few days before me getting their VIN's, I keep hoping for some good news.

Weatherman said:
Not really a benefit, unless you are absolutely sure you will use more power during off-peak hours than on-peak hours.

Here's what FPL has to say...

Time-of-use rates – If your home or business can shift a significant part of electric usage to off-peak times when the demand for electricity is lower, you may benefit from FPL’s time-of-use service. Otherwise, this is not recommended because it could actually increase your bill. With TOU rates, you are billed at a lower rate for off-peak usage and a higher rate for peakperiod usage. To benefit from TOU, your electrical use must be shifted away from these on-peak hours, Monday through Friday:

»» April 1 to Oct. 31, noon to 9 p.m.
»» Nov. 1 to March 31, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Excludes: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day

Wow, that is terrible! you have peak hours all year just at different times of the day? what a rip-off...

Our peak hours in GA are from June to Sept from 2pm to 7pm on weekdays except independence day and labor day. I have a PEV rate that works the same as the TOU rate but in addition, it has an ultra-low rate of $0.0125/kWh from 11pm to 7am every day.

Has anyone in South Florida gotten the charging dock installed, whether an AV unit or not? With first deliveries coming up next month, I would imagine some of us have and I'd like to hear about the experiences. My Leaf is scheduled for delivery the week of 11/25 and I have not made plans yet for the charging dock. :?

Back