Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brightonuk said:
My bad I did not read the previous posts.... but hanging around at a dealership parking lot??
The Gold Coast Electric Auto Association (the local chapter of the EAA) meet on the second Saturday of each month.

They are meeting on Jan 14th from 10am to 12pm at the Delray Beach Community Center. There are three Level 2 chargers available for free.

http://www.goldcoasteaa.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How about meeting there?

spike09 said:
Brightonuk said:
My bad I did not read the previous posts.... but hanging around at a dealership parking lot??
The Gold Coast Electric Auto Association (the local chapter of the EAA) meet on the second Saturday of each month.

They are meeting on Jan 14th from 10am to 12pm at the Delray Beach Community Center. There are three Level 2 chargers available for free.

How about meeting there?
Actually, that would work better for me. I will not need a charger as I'll be within 20 miles of home. Hopefully the chargers will be available for those that will need them, given the number of other EVs there.

Talk to Nissan Hdqtrs often.Reason they selected Florida is that they have signed contracts with
The Fed,State,local facilities. The charging stations will be at every Fed,state&local
Area incl. courts,libraries,etc.
Coming soon level 3 charging stations
Without it useless. They will announce as
They become available. Prob b at most malls
& places where u can charge& shop.
Let all of us NO when u find One

BrainDonor said:
spike09 said:
Brightonuk said:

How about meeting there?
Actually, that would work better for me. I will not need a charger as I'll be within 20 miles of home. Hopefully the chargers will be available for those that will need them, given the number of other EVs there.

That location works great for me, only a few miles from my house. Not sure about the folks from Dade county though as this location is less central. I would offer the L2 nozzle at my house for anyone who did make the trip up to the Boca/Delray area and needed to add some kWh's to get home and the chargers at the GCEAA event are all in use or something. I'm just a couple miles off 95.

But braindonor, don't you have ballet lesson to get to then?

LTLFTcomposite said:
But braindonor, don't you have ballet lesson to get to then?
I stopped taking ballet lessons a while back. ;-) However, my daughter has dance class from 10 to noon in Boynton, so I should be able to drop her off, swing by the meet-up, then pick her up on the way home. If the meet-up is in Pembroke Pines, then the earliest I could make it is around 2:00. So, the Delray location and time works well for me.

Let’s try to get a date we can all make it, evenoelle cant make it on the 14th
BrainDonor you have a ballet lesson on ?? :
Anyone else got blackout dates?
As their are only a few of us I am sure we would all like to be at the first meet so we have.
If any of these dates do not work for you post the date and then we can eliminate that date and figure out when we can all meet.

Once we have a confirmed date then work out a location that is between the furthest Leafer South and the furthest North that only seem fair and if using a central location we have to have L2's avalable
I believe the north goes to "Now7grandkids" in Palm Beach? And South Weatherman?? (But as my geographical knowledge sucks BrainDonor may be further north.

Pembroke Pines is OK with me but in Plantation I am in the center of everyone. would a little further north be better for the guys coming from the north (just a thought)

Remember if you drive at 26mph all the way there and back no A/C lights or radio you should be OK with 120 miles round trip :lol:

Brightonuk said:
Let’s try to get a date we can all make it, evenoelle cant make it on the 14th
BrainDonor you have a ballet lesson on ?? :
Anyone else got blackout dates?
As their are only a few of us I am sure we would all like to be at the first meet so we have.
If any of these dates do not work for you post the date and then we can eliminate that date and figure out when we can all meet.

Once we have a confirmed date then work out a location that is between the furthest Leafer South and the furthest North that only seem fair and if using a central location we have to have L2's avalable
I believe the north goes to "Now7grandkids" in Palm Beach? And South Weatherman?? (But as my geographical knowledge sucks BrainDonor may be further north.

Pembroke Pines is OK with me but in Plantation I am in the center of everyone. would a little further north be better for the guys coming from the north (just a thought)

Remember if you drive at 26mph all the way there and back no A/C lights or radio you should be OK with 120 miles round trip :lol:
I can make the 100 mile Delray Beach run on a single full charge.

Now7grandkids said:
Talk to Nissan Hdqtrs often.Reason they selected Florida is that they have signed contracts with
The Fed,State,local facilities. The charging stations will be at every Fed,state&local
CarStations.com seems worthwhile since it allows users to add stations.

Google Maps gets their EVSE data from the DOE Alternative Fueling Stations Locator (http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

ChargePoint.net and BlinkNetwork.com only have maps that show their chargers. There are more resources if you do a web search.

or Spike99............ like I said geography was never my strong point ….whoever wants to meet we should be courteous and try to make the drive as easy as possible for the guys way out there, meaning taking the furthest leafer south and north and try to compromise with a meeting place in the middle to ease any range anxiety.

We seem to have enough of a quorum on the 14th, plus getting to meet some of the other local EV drivers should be a bonus. I bet they'll be just as interested in learning from our experiences with the LEAFs.

I suggest we hold the meeting on the 14th in Delray and schedule the following meet-up in a more central location. Everyone in?...

BrainDonor said:
We seem to have enough of a quorum on the 14th, plus getting to meet some of the other local EV drivers should be a bonus. I bet they'll be just as interested in learning from our experiences with the LEAFs.

I suggest we hold the meeting on the 14th in Delray and schedule the following meet-up in a more central location. Everyone in?...

I think that's a good plan. There may not be any single date/time/location that meets everyone's constraints.

LTLFTcomposite said:
BrainDonor said:

I think that's a good plan. There may not be any single date/time/location that meets everyone's constraints.
I am in for meeting at the Gold Coast EAA Monthly event in Delray at 10am

spike09 said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
BrainDonor said:

I am in for meeting at the Gold Coast EAA Monthly event in Delray at 10am
Alright, so far we have the following for the 1/14 meet-up in Delray...

Confirmed:
  • LTLFTcomposite
  • spike09 (needs charge)
  • N1ghtrider (needs charge)
  • BrainDonor
Unconfirmed (yet):
  • Brightonuk
  • Weatherman
  • keydiver
  • Now7grandkids
Unable to make it (this time):
  • evenoelle

Any others?

spike09 said:
Now7grandkids said:
CarStations.com seems worthwhile since it allows users to add stations.

Google Maps gets their EVSE data from the DOE Alternative Fueling Stations Locator (http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

ChargePoint.net and BlinkNetwork.com only have maps that show their chargers. There are more resources if you do a web search.
I am quite jealous that the EV Project selected the Orlando/Tampa region for the DOE grant to install free chargers. They now have chargers all over the map! Why was no other region in the South East included? I sure hope the expand it to the South Florida region before the grant runs out in Oct of 2012.

The irony for Orlando Leaf owners is that they qualify for a free Blink home charger but ChargePoint is installing the chargers around Orlando so they are out of luck!

Alright, so far we have the following for the 1/14 meet-up in Delray...

Confirmed:
  • LTLFTcomposite
  • spike09 (needs charge)
  • N1ghtrider (needs charge)
  • BrainDonor
Unconfirmed (yet):
  • Brightonuk
  • Weatherman
  • keydiver
  • Now7grandkids
Unable to make it (this time):
  • evenoelle

Any others?

I just emailed David (the Gold Coast EAA Chapter president). We are welcome to attend their meeting. It starts at 10am at the Delray Beach Community Center (50 NW 1st Ave). Since they are a rather technical group the discussion will be about building chargers for their EV conversion cars. At the end of the meeting they go over to the Banker's Row parking lot 2 blocks away to look at the cars. The 3 free charging stations are located at this parking lot. It would be best for everyone to meet at the Community Center first. It is OK to arrive at the end of the meeting if you just want to show off your car. They have not seen the Leaf up close yet, so I am sure there would be a lot of interest.

I'm considering getting a solar PV system in 2012 and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good, reliable installer, who services southern Broward County. It needs to be someone who is patient and can provide assistance in dealing with a homeowner's association that is not going to be happy I want to install the panels on the side of my roof facing the street.

(BTW... I'm aware that Florida law is on my side when it comes to dealing with the HOA over solar panel installation. But, I'd rather be gentle with them at first, before resorting to the hard-line approach.)

Weatherman said:
I'm considering getting a solar PV system in 2012 and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good, reliable installer, who services southern Broward County. It needs to be someone who is patient and can provide assistance in dealing with a homeowner's association that is not going to be happy I want to install the panels on the side of my roof facing the street.

(BTW... I'm aware that Florida law is on my side when it comes to dealing with the HOA over solar panel installation. But, I'd rather be gentle with them at first, before resorting to the hard-line approach.)

We used two different companies - one was a NIGHTMARE. The other was FANTASTIC. I'm sending you a private message with the information cause I am not sure I am allowed to post it on here but if anyone else wants the info, just let me know. Our electric bill for our 4,500 square foot home last month was $1.19. :D

Back