Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N1ghtrider said:
We had a fine first meeting of our Leaf group. Thanks for the update on Clematis Street. :(
Yes, it was very nice to meet all of you and the folks from the Gold Coast EAA. I wish I could have stayed longer to talk in more detail, but that'll have to wait for next time... ;)

It was cool meeting every one thanks to the guys at EAA for letting us commandeer their meeting (and I think we did)
Everything was great except the service at that restaurant lucky we did not have plans.

Next time maybe a bit further south??
I still think the car show is a good place as it is filled with gear heads and there a ton of places to eat after is we want to.

Lets keep this going once a month at least

Brightonuk said:
Next time maybe a bit further south??
I still think the car show is a good place as it is filled with gear heads and there a ton of places to eat after is we want to.

Lets keep this going once a month at least

Name the date! Just not Feb 3rd :)

Anyone else planning to go to the Nissan Drive Electric tour event in two weeks at the Miami Beach Convention Center? As a reminder, I signed up for 3pm on Saturday, 1/28.

N1ghtrider said:
We had a fine first meeting of our Leaf group. Thanks for the update on Clematis Street. :(
Great to finally meet some of you in person. I am psyched for our next meet-up.

Downtown Delray Beach is very quaint.

BrainDonor said:
Anyone else planning to go to the Nissan Drive Electric tour event in two weeks at the Miami Beach Convention Center? As a reminder, I signed up for 3pm on Saturday, 1/28.

We'll be there. Signed up for the same time.

evenoelle said:
BrainDonor said:

We'll be there. Signed up for the same time.
The 2012 MiaGreen Expo is also happening Jan 26 & 27 although it looks geared more towards Solar. http://www.miagreen.com/

why do we need to sign up?
Why are we thinking about going not that we should not promote the Leaf but do we just turn up and wait for people to ask questions

In case anyone has the initiative to put together a list of contact information for those of us who want to exchange it to make it easier to meet up, etc., here is my info:

Roy D. Wasson (the Original Nightrider)
home: 6233 Leonardo Street, Coral Gables 33146
(305) 284-0032 cell (305) 519-8897
home email: [email protected]
office: 28 West Flagler St., Suite 600, Miami 33130
(305) 372-5220
ofc email: [email protected]

N1ghtrider said:
In case anyone has the initiative to put together a list of contact information for those of us who want to exchange it to make it easier to meet up, etc., here is my info:

Roy D. Wasson (the Original Nightrider)
home: 6233 Leonardo Street, Coral Gables 33146
(305) 284-0032 cell (305) 519-8897
home email: [email protected]
office: 28 West Flagler St., Suite 600, Miami 33130
(305) 372-5220
ofc email: [email protected]

I'll do it for the group. PM me with your information in case you don't want it publicly on the board.

Brightonuk said:
Why are we thinking about going not that we should not promote the Leaf but do we just turn up and wait for people to ask questions

We're going because we think it will be interesting to see the presentation of the car now that we actually own the car plus we enjoy talking to others about the car and meeting people interested in it. We feel that the more we promote driving electric, the more chance we will start seeing more charging stations. (We hope!)

evenoelle said:
Brightonuk said:

We're going because we think it will be interesting to see the presentation of the car now that we actually own the car plus we enjoy talking to others about the car and meeting people interested in it. We feel that the more we promote driving electric, the more chance we will start seeing more charging stations. (We hope!)
In exchange for talking about our (mostly) positive experiences with the LEAF, Nissan is supposed to treat us like VIPs - see SD thread link from earlier post for more details, including free LEAF T-shirt and use of their L3 charger.

However, I have not heard back from the marketing folks if this VIP experience is available to us. Eve, have you received any response?

BrainDonor said:
In exchange for talking about our (mostly) positive experiences with the LEAF, Nissan is supposed to treat us like VIPs - see SD thread link from earlier post for more details, including free LEAF T-shirt and use of their L3 charger.

However, I have not heard back from the marketing folks if this VIP experience is available to us. Eve, have you received any response?

Nor have I. I sent a message via their Twitter account and via e-mail. I'm guessing the event will not be as large as any of the California events though, so perhaps they are not interested in the few of us here. However, I can't imagine that they wouldn't allow us to use their chargers.

We just had the event in Atlanta this weekend. We were treated very well, they allowed us to walk to and answer questions from the visitors after they drove the cars (who valued very much our knowledge and real-world experiences as owners), we got t-shirts and free charges at their L3 charger and numerous L2 charging docks. Just walk it and ask about it, they will show you the way to drive in.

We were 4 or 5 owners at that time, talking, having some coffee, meeting the Nissan people and a couple of execs with Georgia Power.

In all, it was a very nice time. :)

Common questions:

Q: How do I charge if I live in a HOA condo with a parking garage?
A: Make it easy for the HOA and ask for permission to put an outlet that is "similar to a clothes dryer's plug" and offer to pay for installation, and removal when you move out. Putting it in simple words makes it easy for the HOA to say yes.

Q: How much does the range drop by driving on the interstate?
A: I gave them my real range figures, explain that for me, a 55 to 60 mph speed is a very sweet spot for good range without going too slow.

They also had questions about the charging station, and often, they didn't know that there are numerous brands out there that can be much less expensive that the AV-installed unit.

Ok - here is the information I got...I had specifically asked if our little group could use their chargers since I already had range anxiety for BrainDonor. :D

So...who else wants to join?

"Hi Eve

Thank you for your interest in attending the drive electric tour sponsored by the 100% electric Nissan LEAF. As you know, we will be at the Miami Beach Convention Center January 27th - 29th. Please feel free to come any day between the hours of 11:00am and 5:00pm and bring all your fellow LEAF owners

As a VIP you will be offered, complimentary snacks and beverages, a LEAF owner exclusive t-shirt, as well as access to our charging stations - including the quick charge! That means the LEAF owner with the furthest drive can certainly use one of our chargers to get home, please work with the event staff on charging logistics.

Once onsite, locate the registration tower, inform the staff that you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there. Finally, we can certainly waive the parking fee for all the owners, not a problem.

If you have any further questions please let me know."

Brightonuk said:
Several of us went to the Leaf Event in Atlanta this weekend. They were glad to see us. Most people drove in the re-entry point from the test drives and were able to get charged when the EVSEs weren't busy. I didn't sign up, since I didn't want to test drive :) but I did have to sign in as a passenger and do a liability waiver. It was cold, so the test drivers weren't asking many questions while I was there. Got to meet several forum members though!

evenoelle said:
Ok - here is the information I got...I had specifically asked if our little group could use their chargers since I already had range anxiety for BrainDonor :D
Thanks, Eve. From my house to the Convention Center is 70 (mostly highway) miles, and if I have to drop off the kids it's another 10 miles on top of that. I will definitely need L3 to get back! ;-)

evenoelle said:
Ok - here is the information I got...I had specifically asked if our little group could use their chargers since I already had range anxiety for BrainDonor. :D

So...who else wants to join?

"Hi Eve

Thank you for your interest in attending the drive electric tour sponsored by the 100% electric Nissan LEAF. As you know, we will be at the Miami Beach Convention Center January 27th - 29th. Please feel free to come any day between the hours of 11:00am and 5:00pm and bring all your fellow LEAF owners

As a VIP you will be offered, complimentary snacks and beverages, a LEAF owner exclusive t-shirt, as well as access to our charging stations - including the quick charge! That means the LEAF owner with the furthest drive can certainly use one of our chargers to get home, please work with the event staff on charging logistics.

Once onsite, locate the registration tower, inform the staff that you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there. Finally, we can certainly waive the parking fee for all the owners, not a problem.

If you have any further questions please let me know."
Very Cool. Too bad Nissan didn't send an email to all the SoFla Leaf owners about this. It's not like they don't have our email addresses! I would love to know exactly how many owners there are down here.

I will be there Sat at 3pm. If anyone want to come by Friday I can join them since my office is walking distance from the MBCC. I will try and get some coworkers to join me.

spike09 said:
I would love to know exactly how many owners therer are down here.

I was told that my car was the 7th LEAF sold at BS Nissan. (With me, you, and LTLFTcomposite that leaves 4 that we don't know.) Douglas also told me that there were 2 more coming in the week after - so that would make 9. See you on Saturday!

BrainDonor said:
evenoelle said:
Ok - here is the information I got...I had specifically asked if our little group could use their chargers since I already had range anxiety for BrainDonor :D
Thanks, Eve. From my house to the Convention Center is 70 (mostly highway) miles, and if I have to drop off the kids it's another 10 miles on top of that. I will definitely need L3 to get back! ;-)

I haven't mapquested it but if it's 70 for you it has to be at least 60 for me. I could make that but I'd need a full charge while was there... and I don't have the L3 port on my SV, remember I was the cheapskate :) Does their monster carnival generator truck only have L3 chargers, or L2 as well?

Back