Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JupiterLEAF said:
Greg Smith told me how eager you were to come in and get yours when we closed my lease on Friday, December 9th. Then I took delivery on Saturday morning.

Yes, Greg told me he had another customer picking their Leaf up on Saturday. When Greg called me Thursday morning, all I asked was "How soon can I pick it up?" :D

or you could use one of the two chargers at Jupiter Town Hall parking lot on Military Trail.

I have used those Clipper Creek charges twice now. I can get 2 full bars while my wife is getting a massage at Massage Envy down Military Trail. ;) I walk over to Burger King, buy something to snack on, and surf the web on my tablet while I wait (usually reading MNL Forum posts). Its a little closer to walk to Wendy's, but I don't think they have free WiFi. It will be great once more stores start installing charging stations, so we have more choices of things to do while we recharge. Carmine's has 2 charging stations, but they are older Avcon chargers for Toyota RAV4 EV's or something. I need to talk to them about getting the cables swapped to J1722.

Brain Donner

Brightonuk will use his Eco mode (for the first time) and will try not to drive over 55mph :evil:

As I am sure we will all give out cell numbers he can call one of you when he panics going home when he realizes that he aint gonna make it. :oops:

Look forward to seeing everyone :p (I will bring the champagne)

evenoelle said:
Yay - I can finally start my countdown. We're home and picking up the car tomorrow at noon. And the gas light just turned on in my Lexus. :D
Eve, we haven't heard a report from you yet. Hopefully you're too busy driving the LEAF around and didn't have time to update us... ;-)

BrainDonor said:
Eve, we haven't heard a report from you yet. Hopefully you're too busy driving the LEAF around and didn't have time to update us... ;-)

Yep - I've been driving around and if I ask my husband one more time if he needs me to drive him anywhere, he might kill me. :lol:

We got to BS Nissan at a little after 11 - we didn't leave until after 3. It seems it was a much longer process than any other car buying experience. We ended up trading in my Lexus - they gave us what I felt was a fair price -- I am sure we could have made more money had we sold it privately but this just seemed simpler. No last minute surprises from the dealer - we had everything in writing from them to begin with as backup anyway.

The car had 6 miles on it when we received it and I absolutely love it in black. I am scared of the upholstery though and will be looking to change it to leather soon.

Brightonuk - I did ask what happened to the light in the glove box and he said, "Oh - was there in a light in there?" I rarely use the glove box so it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

I am super sorry that I won't get to meet everyone on the 14th. Take pictures!

I'm off to read the manual. :lol:

Thanks Eve it is a fun car no doubt
I suggest using Scotch Guard tomorrow to try to keep that blond upholstery clean.....ish the leather is a great option if I was buying and not leasing that would be on the top of my list (after the Meep Meep horn upgrade and the speakers) but enjoy the car for a few weeks it really is a cool car to drive

The map light for everyone else:
Call Nissan and arrange a dealer to fix it! Thats what I did and they (Nissan) said just take it in to a dealer for a fix but I would advise to call the dealer first as I bet no one has the parts

Brightonuk said:
Thanks Eve it is a fun car no doubt
I suggest using Scotch Guard tomorrow to try to keep that blond upholstery clean.....ish the leather is a great option if I was buying and not leasing that would be on the top of my list (after the Meep Meep horn upgrade and the speakers) but enjoy the car for a few weeks it really is a cool car to drive

Used an entire can of Scotch Guard the minute I got home yesterday. Sniffing that stuff has to be bad for your health. Am dropping off hubby's Mercedes at the shop today for some work - hoping to get the name of a good leather installer. Will share what I find out if anyone else is interested.

Can I just say again that I am loving this car? :D

Eve while the leather on the cars in Ca looks really nice a more economical option was Wet Okole seat covers they have great reviews for the leafers in Ca

I have ordered a set for mine as I said my Leaf is leased but let us know what pricing you get the wife was gaga over the leather option which in unusual for her to get hyped up over mods or additions to the stock car

Demonstrated by the grief I got changing the Lights.......Horn ....Speakers….etc

Does anyone know what rebate if any is avalable in Florida for an L2 charger I was looking to install one at work

My home Blink L2 was purchased from Ebay so no fed rebate on that, but can I get a rebate if I buy a second one from say HD and install it at my office?

So how are the Leafs doing with this cold front that is going thru S Florida?.. anyone get stranded with the lowered range?

Herm said:
So how are the Leafs doing with this cold front that is going thru S Florida?.. anyone get stranded with the lowered range?

"Cold" is relative. Temperatures have, basically, been in the 50s all day today.

Temps are supposed to drop into the upper 30s and 40s tonight, but bounce back into the mid 60s by tomorrow afternoon, and back up near 70 on Thursday. So, unless someone needs to go for a long drive tomorrow morning, I wouldn't expect anyone to see a significant impact.

Down here, winter doesn't tend to last for much more than a few hours before it's spring and summer again :D

OK OK I am man enough to admit I was wrong when I bitched about a "Cold weather package” on the 2012.

I drive 63 miles a day Home > School > Work > Home and usually have 23-25 miles left when I reach home (from a full charge) I am driving 75-80mph on 75/95 so that’s about right.

However, today I got the heater blowing both front and rear seat warmers on max and the steering wheel heater on, I get to work after driving 58 miles, I only have 11 miles left, and it is 13 miles home.

I gotta start using that Eco mode thing cause tomorrow it is down to the 40s I will try to pre heat the car again but it did not work yesterday (operator error I guess) :roll:

Brightonuk said:
OK OK I am man enough to admit I was wrong when I bitched about a "Cold weather package” on the 2012.

I drive 63 miles a day Home > School > Work > Home and usually have 23-25 miles left when I reach home (from a full charge) I am driving 75-80mph on 75/95 so that’s about right.

However, today I got the heater blowing both front and rear seat warmers on max and the steering wheel heater on, I get to work after driving 58 miles, I only have 11 miles left, and it is 13 miles home.

I gotta start using that Eco mode thing cause tomorrow it is down to the 40s I will try to pre heat the car again but it did not work yesterday (operator error I guess) :roll:

I feel like I am doing something seriously wrong based on your mileage. I also have a 62 mile roundtrip commute each day ( Home > Work > Home). With a 100% charge, I was showing about 101 miles on the GOM this morning. Most of my trip is 45 - 60 mph on back roads until I get to the turnpike where I set cruise to 70mph for the 15 miles I am on the turnpike. When I arrived at work I was showing 47 miles on the GOM. Returning home from work doing the same route and pulled in with only 6 miles to empty. I drive strictly in ECO. Granted, I live in Clermont with some "Florida hills" but I feel like I'm getting no where near the mileage of others and I really miss 80mph on the turnpike :)

Any advice from other FL drivers?

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
Brightonuk said:

I feel like I am doing something seriously wrong based on your mileage. I also have a 62 mile roundtrip commute each day ( Home > Work > Home). With a 100% charge, I was showing about 101 miles on the GOM this morning. Most of my trip is 45 - 60 mph on back roads until I get to the turnpike where I set cruise to 70mph for the 15 miles I am on the turnpike. When I arrived at work I was showing 47 miles on the GOM. Returning home from work doing the same route and pulled in with only 6 miles to empty. I drive strictly in ECO. Granted, I live in Clermont with some "Florida hills" but I feel like I'm getting no where near the mileage of others and I really miss 80mph on the turnpike :)

Any advice from other FL drivers?
Your numbers seem right. The range is 70 miles for highway driving (doing 55mph) with the AC running. There is atleast 5 miles in reserve after the GOM hits zero. The range varies more than a gas car but it has been consistent with the EPA calculations (LA4 driving cycles).

I pay attention to the bars not the GOM. I get over 100 miles a charge when I stay away from highways but get less than 70 miles a charge when I take the Intersate route for my commute. If you want to realy find out how quickly you can drain the battery take it up to 94 mph on an empty stretch of highway.

Weatherman said:
Herm said:

"Cold" is relative. Temperatures have, basically, been in the 50s all day today.

Temps are supposed to drop into the upper 30s and 40s tonight, but bounce back into the mid 60s by tomorrow afternoon, and back up near 70 on Thursday. So, unless someone needs to go for a long drive tomorrow morning, I wouldn't expect anyone to see a significant impact.

Down here, winter doesn't tend to last for much more than a few hours before it's spring and summer again :D
I love the heated seats and steering wheel. It really helps! I am very happy I got to test them out BUT I hope to use them only once or twice a year!

Last night I was driving back from the west side of Tallahassee to where I live on the east side, temperature on display said 36 degrees, and an alert flashed on the screen "Low Temperature" with a snowflake! I guess the LEAF does not like cold weather either! Because I only had about a six mile commute, I turned on the heated seats to high and the heated steering wheel (which comes on and goes off), and turned on the heater to 70F. By the time I got through FSU and to downtown (couple of miles), it was comfortable in the vehicle. I turned off the heat, but I left on the heated seats (to low) and the heated steering wheel. The heater caused the estimated miles to go down by about 7.

The low temperature alert comes on in many vehicles at 3°C to advise the driver that there is a possibility of black ice on the road. It is not exclusive to the LEAF

Back