free 240v charger with installation if you buy Leaf in CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsujohn

I was simply sharing my joy when I bought my leaf yesterday,
lots of people might not know, but you can get free charger with free installation for ev cars,
now only 179 units left, will be gone in few days,
it's not sales ad, this is goverment's program, ok?

see AV's offical website for detail:

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/

And manager in nissan was offering extra $250 discounts to make the deal happened, I was on the fence for very long time. So if you can buy with vpp, they give you total of $1,250 instead of $1,000 below invoice. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll give you the info.

I think that I got great great deal, I have S with quick charge package and some little unless options, I paid nothing out of pocket and $269 for 35 month payments. And I am not even VPP member

now chargers are down to 153 units, so quick...

Looks like many people do not know there's free charger program from AV, my message box was fulled right away, I am not the one who is giving away the charger, so please don't send me messages anymore because I might not able to get your message.

If any question or want to get a good deal, just call internet manager Tony 626 641 5983 at pute hills nissan, tell him that John who bought 1 yesterday refered you, he'll give you best deal

update 10/05/2013: now only 95 units left, hurry before those are all gone

Try to buy on the first tuesday of the month... for best chances... I got one on tuesday after labor day by accident... planned on going 120v for a while with dcQC... and then My salesdude said... no, I'm gonna get you a deal... and hooked me up with the EV project... I have a lovely Aerovironment EVSE in my garage. All I had to pay were some permit fees all told... bout 425... for an $1k evse. Installed professionally. If you try to extend the install further than allowed... you will pay more... definition of std install is on their website... Also... your home may cost extra if panels already maxed out... etc.

Good luck!

Hello,

Correct - the batch of chargers is released the 1st Tuesday of the month, and you have maybe 5 days until it runs out. Availability is at bottom-left of this page:
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/eligibility_criteria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You must apply for the free charger/installation the same day you purchase the vehicle.

-Tal

This month's allocation is 398, so a good number of people have waited until today to buy. We did this in Sept, a great program for us EV buyers. Out only cost was the $204 permit fee. The funding comes from CEC, California Energy Commission, I think. It is the dealer that has to apply for you and only on the day of the sale.

Just FYI - this program expires this month - it is NOT being renewed for 2014.

93 chargers left at time of posting:
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/eligibility_criteria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You probably have until Sunday before it hits zero!

cheers,
-Tal

I'm sitting here watching that counter tick down as we wait to leave the office and head over to the Ford dealer. If the better half likes the test drive then the LEAF will get a new garage-mate in the Focus Electric.

There doesn't seem to be any restriction on where you have the free EVSE installed, as long as it's in California, so we were thinking of having it installed at her parent's house in Orange which is our most frequent long-distance trip. They're also planning to get a LEAF at some point next year so it's a win-win considering our garage already has 2 EVSEs - the Nissan/AV 30A will go to the FFE and my EVSE-upgraded 16A will become the LEAF's permanent charger.

Devin we have a regular 2012 Ford Focus and I love the car except that the Sync software (made by Microsoft) is buggy and I have to pull fuses every month or so to reset the "indexing". This is just the USB music controls that get messed up so it is an annoyance and not a safety issue, but Ford has never bother to update this software in 3 years even thought they set it up so owners could download updated from their website and install themselves with a USB stick.

Despite how much I like my gas Focus, I scratched the electric Focus off my list after hearing of their recent recall for a rare but very serious software fault that results in loss of power to the wheels with no warning, during use. Some accidents have been reported as a result. Ford apparently did not take the reports seriously for a very long time and only after having many reports made did they finally issue a recall, which is for all the cars essentially. I do not want to purchase one until they have proven this is fixed. Since it's a rare occurrence I think that may take a few months. I'm not that trusting of their software updates after my experience. Our gas Focus seems reliable but I did not want to take the chance with the Focus electric.

If we decide to get a second EV next year to replace the gas Focus, and the Focus electric issue is demonstrated to be fixed by then, then I may revisit the idea.

Some of you folks are using the wrong terminology, such as the OP.

When talking about the L1 trickle charging cord set (w/brick) or a unit installed on the wall such as via http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/cec_program_overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, you're referring to an EVSE, NOT a charger. Charger is on-board the car. In the case of the '13 Leafs, its under the hood.

Please see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14728&p=332668#p332668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Must have been a good weekend... none left now... does anyone know if program continues into new year? If so... good luck for next year. Remember... 1st tuesdays is when new batch happens... must get car on that day...

Here's the reply I received from Aeronvironment:

Thank you for your inquiry. At this time we are not certain the CEC program will continue into 2014 and we have no further information as to when we will know.

Sincerely,

AV Customer Service

I know we all like to bash Microsoft but I do have to defend them sometimes... In this case, Microsoft ONLY provided the core software and Ford provides all the rest. It is the Ford software that is the source of the bugs in Sync and MFT... A number of other manufacturers use the same core Microsoft software without incurring the bugs that Ford has...

tinaCA said:
Devin we have a regular 2012 Ford Focus and I love the car except that the Sync software (made by Microsoft) is buggy and I have to pull fuses every month or so to reset the "indexing".

Thanks for the warning. I looked into the "Stop Safely Now" issue and it appears to be resolved, but you're right that it will take a few months to be "proven" with no incidents. It does sound like their recall update targets the correct bit of software that would be causing that failure mode so I'm not too concerned.

We did end up getting the FFE and really like it so far. I actually find the Microsoft Sync system fairly good. I like features like 911 Assist, which uses your cell phone to call 911 instead of Onstar that you have to pay for - and the navigation is pretty good. It's also the only voice command system in a car that actually understands me (damn my Canadian accent!). The only glitch I've encountered is that it won't given you FM radio when you turn on the car (if it was on FM when you turned it off) until you switch to another station and switch back. Otherwise, given the complexity of the system and what it can do I'd say it works fairly well at this point.

Also the driver feedback that the FFE gives you in the dashboard is fantastic, light years ahead of what the LEAF tells you. MyFordMobile (Ford's answer to Carwings) is also really useful since you can lock/unlock the car and also have each driver's account linked to their own key so it displays information relevant to your own driving.

tinaCA said:
Devin we have a regular 2012 Ford Focus and I love the car except that the Sync software (made by Microsoft) is buggy and I have to pull fuses every month or so to reset the "indexing". This is just the USB music controls that get messed up so it is an annoyance and not a safety issue, but Ford has never bother to update this software in 3 years even thought they set it up so owners could download updated from their website and install themselves with a USB stick.

Despite how much I like my gas Focus, I scratched the electric Focus off my list after hearing of their recent recall for a rare but very serious software fault that results in loss of power to the wheels with no warning, during use. Some accidents have been reported as a result. Ford apparently did not take the reports seriously for a very long time and only after having many reports made did they finally issue a recall, which is for all the cars essentially. I do not want to purchase one until they have proven this is fixed. Since it's a rare occurrence I think that may take a few months. I'm not that trusting of their software updates after my experience. Our gas Focus seems reliable but I did not want to take the chance with the Focus electric.

If we decide to get a second EV next year to replace the gas Focus, and the Focus electric issue is demonstrated to be fixed by then, then I may revisit the idea.

I love the Ford Sync system when it works - ours worked no problem for about 3 months. Since then, like I said we have to pull the fuses once a month because it will response "indexing, please wait" and never respond for music control. Sometimes it affects the phone functions too.

Ford is not interested updating this software, which seems like a very easy job for them to do to satisfy thousands of annoyed customers. I still love the car and the Sync system is a lot better than the Leaf's interface if only they could eliminate this indexing issue!

I hope your SYnc stays trouble free, but don't be surprised if this comes up in a few months.

Whether Ford or Microsoft's software is responsible I don't care - Ford is the one responsible for getting it fixed and they should.

Glad the FFE is working well for you!

Hi there,

newbie here. contemplating a leaf and checked the program web site about this offer, which says it is expired. does this mean it is over or do they just refresh it every first tuesday of the month?

thanks!

peakay said:
Hi there,

newbie here. contemplating a leaf and checked the program web site about this offer, which says it is expired. does this mean it is over or do they just refresh it every first tuesday of the month?

thanks!

In the past it refreshed on the first Tuesday of each month, but it doesn't look like the program is being continued in 2014 so you (and I) are out of luck.

Back