Free EVSE upgrade Contest!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my (ok mostly my wife's) last second attempt:

5981023646_65588a48cb_b.jpg

-or perhaps-

5981023492_270fbf4f0d_b.jpg

of course, the words could be changed again pretty easily

Tired of waiting 21 hours to recharge?
Upgrade to a 4 hour charge for only $250.00 !

guessing at the cost, add nifty graphics, but please dont use a light blue Leaf :(

Awesome, I like this one:
5981023492_270fbf4f0d_b.jpg

Really well done, the only thing is that it conveys "on the go" which might exclude the idea of a semi-permanent home solution in some people's minds. A lot of our customers order the upgrade as a replacement for an expensive wall-mounted station at home. Amazingly, roughly one out of 10 customers even order two units!

I'd also avoid the use of EVSE, as most people have no idea what that is. In hindsight I'd probably not have even named our website that.

Keep in mind the idea here is to let new LEAF owners (or even perspective buyers) know there is an alternative to the expensive units on the market.

Thanks for all the ideas though!

-Phil

Really well done, the only thing is that it conveys "on the go" which might exclude the idea of a semi-permanent home solution in some people's minds. A lot of our customers order the upgrade as a replacement for an expensive wall-mounted station at home. Amazingly, roughly one out of 10 customers even order two units!

Ya, I'm actually one of those customers who's using it in lieu of a wall-mount, and I'm hoping to upgrade my second unit for the "on the go" part. ;) It's just hard to convey everything with few words, so I was hoping the "save cash" part would speak to the idea of using it instead of an expensive wall installation. I was toying with something like "240V with/from your Nissan 'brick'" instead of 240V on the go. What do you think about that? Or perhaps "240V for less (newline) bring your brick to the next level".

fooljoe said:
Ya, I'm actually one of those customers who's using it in lieu of a wall-mount, and I'm hoping to upgrade my second unit for the "on the go" part. ;) It's just hard to convey everything with few words, so I was hoping the "save cash" part would speak to the idea of using it instead of an expensive wall installation. I was toying with something like "240V with/from your Nissan 'brick'" instead of 240V on the go. What do you think about that? Or perhaps "240V for less (newline) bring your brick to the next level".
I'd not mention 240v, because again, not all people (yet) know what that is. This is how we arrived at "Charge your LEAF twice as fast". The viewer doesn't need to know any terms, but it's a short message that gets it across. It doesn't convey the "low-cost" aspect, so I added another line. I'd definitely stay away from the word "Brick". =)

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Awesome, I like this one:
<snip>
Really well done, the only thing is that it conveys "on the go" which might exclude the idea of a semi-permanent home solution in some people's minds.
<snip>
I'd also avoid the use of EVSE, as most people have no idea what that is. In hindsight I'd probably not have even named our website that.
+1 I'd like to change my vote. This is definitely clean and clear. Having the picture of the EVSE on there would definitely help anyone who may be confused what an EVSE is. Maybe change the "240v on the go" to "240v at home or on the go". Or, if you really want to avoid 240v, how about this:
Code:
charge faster on the go
and save cash at home
             evseupgrade.com

Randmac said:
I actually kind of like this one. It would be cool if the fishing rod and line were the EVSE and J1772 connector. Plus punch up the colors and production quality a bit.

P.S. Phil, will they let you rotate a few different ones? I mean repetition is important, but it always grates a bit to see the exact same ad endlessly.

And "Winston tastes good AS a cigarette should..." Yes, I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling too!

LEAFfan said:
mogur said:
So far I like Ingineers version the best...
+1...and I take issue with "It's got"....should be 'It has'...similar to America's Got Talent which is poor grammar too. It should be 'America Has Talent'.

Here is an animated idea I had:

banner.gif

I can add/change text from there, reorganize/add graphics, etc. This is just an idea starting point.

GeekEV said:

NOT a fan of animated ads at all, even though you see them everywhere.

The reason they are seen so frequently is that they get attention, and that is what Phil said he wanted to do. Plus, the original post did not define no animated ideas. I had not seen it discussed or offered as an option so I created one.

Some very creative banners here, including Ingineer's original! :)

But I think fooljoe's wife's banner is professional, snazzy, and visually descriptive - just the right balance.

Skywagon said:
GeekEV said:

NOT a fan of animated ads at all, even though you see them everywhere.

The reason they are seen so frequently is that they get attention, and that is what Phil said he wanted to do. Plus, the original post did not define no animated ideas. I had not seen it discussed or offered as an option so I created one.
I've never said I wanted an animated ad, and I'm also normally not a fan. That being said, I like it and the animation isn't too garish or in your face. I don't know if I'd want to subject everyone to it though, even if it's more effective. They are also bandwidth intensive.

-Phil

The problem with animation ad is if they change too slow, people may not see the change and only capture half of the message. When they surf around, their attention span is only half a second on a banner, if not less. So they're not going to sit around waiting for the animation to change a second or two later. They'll tune it out after glancing at it for half a second or less.

And if you make your animation blink too fast, it also turns off people.

Ingineer said:
fooljoe said:
Ok, here it is with the same words as the current banner:

5982761548_46e9fc6cb1_b.jpg
Yes, This is great, I think overall it looks very professional!

-Phil
I like this one the best, too. If you want to keep it short but cram more in without the animation, why not just say "Home & portable low cost charging" instead of "Low cost charging solutions"? It's only 1 more word plus a "&".

Back