GID/capacity increases as cooler weather returns

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been paying close attention to the GID/capacity discussions, but I finally got around to plotting my last year of GID readings following both 80% and 100% charges, and it looks like this.

LEAFy1GIDchargeChart.jpg

I wasn't very systematic. I just recorded the value occasionally. It's perhaps too speculative given the limited information, but to my eye it seems like there might be some seasonal cycling with "higher" temperature associated with higher counts (opposite the trend in the plot below)? Granted this is SF bay area temperature cycling, so nothing dramatic. All charging is outdoor, and almost all of it at night, but there is some day time charging in there, too, so you'd think if it was highly sensitive to temperature that there could be more abrupt changes between day and night. However, with the thermal inertia of the battery, perhaps it is hard to cycle the temperature all that quickly, such that the trend shows up more clearly as a seasonal cycle (at least for the temperature regime that I'm in)? Or, perhaps the charge control learning has a longer term damping effect? Or, am I crazy to read that much into my non-rigorous Rorschach blots? Any thoughts?

Howdy

sparky said:
My Gid readings seem to be returning to about the same levels as before the hot weather hit.
Don't know if they'll go all the way back to the May numbers.
The last two 80% charges were 227, I usually see 230. I'm guessing I'm down nearly 10% after 21 mos. My only regular long trip is LAX and back (65 mi, fwy) and the number of bars when I get home has always been about 2-3. Still is.

Back