Got delivery ETA!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
Well Nissan can trumpet the news all week in "anticipation" as that seems to be the theme of the release.

Yes - but that won't get much press. If you want to be on local TV evening news - it actually needs to be delivered.

LEAFer said:
CampbellNelson said:
For now, it says Dec 2010. I would have a more accurate ETA by November.
Wait a minute ... does it say "12/10" or does it say "Dec 2010" (as in "12/2010") ??

12/10 AS IN DECEMBER 2010. no actual date. I can see where it would have confused anybody looking at it. Sorry.

TRONZ said:
This info would jive with Fontana Nissan (LA) saying 10/9 for arrival of their Leafs. Customer deliveries were said to be 7-10 days later from this 10/9 load. It would seem the extra week+ might be "cushion" for any transport - prep delays. 10/16-10/19 is cool. :cool:

You mean 12/9, right?

gudy said:
I got confused ...

Now you have me confused...TRONZ wrote it but you replied with "I". Does that mean that you gudy and TRONZ are one and the same? Anyway, I'm betting that since you are one of the first to receive a LEAF, you will have it delivered in Nov. :)

leaffan said:
TRONZ said:
This info would jive with Fontana Nissan (LA) saying 10/9 for arrival of their Leafs. Customer deliveries were said to be 7-10 days later from this 10/9 load. It would seem the extra week+ might be "cushion" for any transport - prep delays. 10/16-10/19 is cool. :cool:

You mean 12/9, right?

I was told December 9... I hope she meant this year. :shock:

leaffan said:
gudy said:
I got confused ...

Now you have me confused...TRONZ wrote it but you replied with "I". Does that mean that you gudy and TRONZ are one and the same? Anyway, I'm betting that since you are one of the first to receive a LEAF, you will have it delivered in Nov. :)

I got confused by the 12/10 ... I think that I'm still confused actually.

I've just sent an other email to my dealer to know what he's seeing ... he told me he was seeing the 12/10 as well, but now I don't know what it stands for (december 10th, or december 2010)

And I do hope that I won't get mine after others ;p

(ok I was secretly hoping I'd get mine sooner ;p)

gudy said:
leaffan said:
gudy said:
I got confused ...

I got confused by the 12/10 ... I think that I'm still confused actually.

I've just sent an other email to my dealer to know what he's seeing ... he told me he was seeing the 12/10 as well, but now I don't know what it stands for (december 10th, or december 2010)

And I do hope that I won't get mine after others ;p

(ok I was secretly hoping I'd get mine sooner ;p)

But CS did say that some cars could be delivered in Nov., so I thought maybe you would be one of those. If not, you will still probably get it before the rest of us.

November would be so cool ...
I really need it before weather turns bad here, cause biking 10 miles to work each way (and dropping the kids to pre-school) is going to become a pain if it rains ...

I received my notice from the dealer and received a screen shot from them....By the way, I'm in the 8/31 RAQ/order group

Here's some relevant info (I also need help with some of the car-speak acronyms):

Date committed: 08/10/0832 (no typo, that's what it says)
Ordered On: 9/9/2010
Production Month: 11/2010
ETA: Month of 12/10
Shipping VPC: 44
VIN (Blank) - I can use that info!!!!
Rail Ship Date: (Blank)
Rail Receive Date: (Blank)
Wholesale Date: (Blank)
Manufacture Date (Blank)

What is ONS and VPC?

Randy said:
Production Month: 11/2010
ETA: Month of 12/10

Ok - so we all took it for December 10th - whereas they just mean December - 2010.

Oh well. Off to send an update on twitter ... :x

Just got a reply from Ron at North Bay Nissan :

It stands for Dec, 10th. 12/10/10. But please note that it is just a tentative date. We will know more as we get closer to that date.

I'm really not sure what to think now ;)

gudy said:
Just got a reply from Ron at North Bay Nissan :

It stands for Dec, 10th. 12/10/10. But please note that it is just a tentative date. We will know more as we get closer to that date.

I'm really not sure what to think now ;)

here are a few examples of ETA dates on Nissan production dates:

A. vehicle has arrived at dealer:
Order #: GEXXXXX VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (actual VIN)
Ordered On: 08/05/2010 Production Month: 09/2010
Rail Ship Date: 09/07/2010 (date it was placed on Rail) Manufacture Date: 08/30/2010 (actual date)
Rail Receive Date: 09/25/2010 (arrived at distribution point) Shipping VPC: 85 (shipping code)
Wholesale Date: 09/25/2010 (dealer is invoiced) Status: DLR (dealer inventory)
ETA: 09/28/10 (physically on dealer lot)

B. Vehicle is inbound (already in 1st step shipping) and has a VIN #
ETA : week of 11/10/10

C: Vehicle is still in production
ETA: Month of 12/10 Status: ONS (order not serialized)

With all due respect to other Nissan dealers.. I guess you have to be with Nissan for more than a few weeks to know these

Oh so it looks like the VPC code is equivalent to an NMFC code, except it's for ocean cargo instead of motor freight. Am I right?

oh great. my dash is still pending. does this mean no Dec delivery? if so, i will pretty much have to lease. my tax liability will kill me

johnr said:
Oh so it looks like the VPC code is equivalent to an NMFC code, except it's for ocean cargo instead of motor freight. Am I right?
VPC means: "Vehicle Processing Center"

VPC 44 is for California aka Long Beach Port of Entry...I forgot where VPC 85 is...I think it's the Portland, Oregon railhead.

Back