Got my Leaf, thanks for all the help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayfish

After doing my research and asking lots of questions, I reached out to a few dozen Nissan dealers to see who had what to offer. I was asking about the S and SV and had received some good offers. Then a few days ago, one dealer e-mailed me and said "We don't have any S or SVs on the lot, but we have an SL that we can make an aggressive deal on if you can close by the end of the month". So after a bunch of e-mails back and forth, they made me an offer that was too hard to pass up. Went to the Nissan dealer last night to close the deal. A few hours later (they were busy), I drove home in my brand new blue ocean SL. It was the first time I had driven one beyond the 3 mile test drive. Really does drive a lot like a regular ICE hatchback. The ECO mode sure does make the car drive differently. The dealer was 60 miles from me, and it was 90% highway. So 50+ miles of cruising at 65mph takes a big bite out of the battery. I left with a 93% charge and got home with 14% and low battery warning flashing. But that's not going to be my typical commute anyhow, so after the initial panic when the warning started going off, it's all good.

Now I just have to start learning how all the different things on the car work…setting a charge, CARWINGS, etc…that's one thick owners manual. I'm meeting on Monday with the director of the parking authority in the "city" that I work in. They're installing a 240V and 110V outlet for me. Guess I need to get on the stick and send my trickle charger to EVSE for an upgrade.

Thanks again to everyone for answering my bombardment of questions, it helped tremendously.

Klayfish said:
After doing my research and asking lots of questions, I reached out to a few dozen Nissan dealers to see who had what to offer. I was asking about the S and SV and had received some good offers. Then a few days ago, one dealer e-mailed me and said "We don't have any S or SVs on the lot, but we have an SL that we can make an aggressive deal on if you can close by the end of the month". So after a bunch of e-mails back and forth, they made me an offer that was too hard to pass up. Went to the Nissan dealer last night to close the deal. A few hours later (they were busy), I drove home in my brand new blue ocean SL. It was the first time I had driven one beyond the 3 mile test drive. Really does drive a lot like a regular ICE hatchback. The ECO mode sure does make the car drive differently. The dealer was 60 miles from me, and it was 90% highway. So 50+ miles of cruising at 65mph takes a big bite out of the battery. I left with a 93% charge and got home with 14% and low battery warning flashing. But that's not going to be my typical commute anyhow, so after the initial panic when the warning started going off, it's all good.

Now I just have to start learning how all the different things on the car work…setting a charge, CARWINGS, etc…that's one thick owners manual. I'm meeting on Monday with the director of the parking authority in the "city" that I work in. They're installing a 240V and 110V outlet for me. Guess I need to get on the stick and send my trickle charger to EVSE for an upgrade.

Thanks again to everyone for answering my bombardment of questions, it helped tremendously.

Great news! You'll get used to the range really quickly - everyone does. And that's the benefit of contacting so many dealers via email at once - you never know when one will be motivated to contact you with a truly great deal.

Congratulations! Testing by fire, 60 mi and LBW on the first trip! BTW, it's perfect to have your dealership about 60 mi from home. Then when you want to take a longer trip in that direction, you can always drop by for a lunch stop and charge before driving to your destination.

Back