Heated Seats connected to Heated Steering shut off?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6yearstilbreakeven

Seems like I'm not the only one here who has a heated steering wheel that just "cuts out"...my question is, does anyone notice that their heated seats do the same?

I should mention, I am not driving in eco mode. The drivers heated seat heated up quickly, then nothing at all. The passengers side, and rear seats never came on at all. Couldn't find anyone else with these issues (other than steering wheel).

Are the seats somehow programmed to shut off with the steering wheel? Any ideas? TIA!

2013 LS...3 weeks old.

I think each of the items has its own, individual thermostat. I haven't noticed any relationship between when the steering wheel heater shuts off and the seat heaters.

Still trying to figure out why the steering wheel heater just cuts out when you need it the most, and other times when it isn't even that cold outside if feels like your hands are going to get burned! I figure it is only working about 50% of the time when I actually need it.

I started the climate control from the phone the other day on what passes for a cold morning here and I'm pretty sure it heated up the steering wheel. Too lazy to crack the manual and see if that is what it's supposed to do.

They got the seats right, you won't notice them cycling. However, they totally failed at the steering wheel, and that feature is my biggest complaint about this car, mainly because it's a tease.

kubel said:
They got the seats right, you won't notice them cycling. However, they totally failed at the steering wheel, and that feature is my biggest complaint about this car, mainly because it's a tease.

kube, are saying the seats are designed to cycle on and off??? My passengers side seat isn't working at all. My rear seats seem to be working every now and again. Thanks for the replies...car goes in on monday to Nissan for service.

just a quick update. I dropped the leaf off today at the dealership. The problem seems to be very random...depending on the seat. The passengers side front has worked twice. I ran the car for 40 minutes with all seats set to high. The Drivers side front was luke warm, after about 20 minutes, it seemed to kick on and get real nice and toasty. The rear seats never warmed up at all. They were working this weekend, but were cold to the touch when I dropped the car off. The front passenger side has had moments of warmth...never hot, just warm.

Hopefully something simple. Will keep everyone posted, and would love to hear if anyone else is having seat issues.

Probably a dumb suggestion ... but I'll throw it out there anyway. Is there a possible interlocking of seat-heat with the seat-occupancy and/or seatbelt-fastened sensor ?

LEAFer said:
Probably a dumb suggestion ... but I'll throw it out there anyway. Is there a possible interlocking of seat-heat with the seat-occupancy and/or seatbelt-fastened sensor ?

that was the 1st thing I tried..with no luck.

Car is still at dealership...they told me their tech had been on the phone with Nissan trying to "figure it out". The service advisor was very nice - he seemed to think (fingers crossed) they will have it worked out tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, everyone - I'll keep you posted.

Back