Heated steering wheel turns off...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodtohave

I noticed this early in the year and tried using it yesterday, same thing.

I turn on the heated wheel, gets super hot very quickly then within a couple of minutes no heat, light switch is still illuminated. Stays cool for quite a while, then gets super hot again, goes off.

I just can't see this being normal, my BMW heats up and stays warm. Not quite as hot as when it first stops but never gets cold.

How does yours work?

Thanks!

Mine does the same thing. I suspect it's because the weather is still fairly mild. I'm guessing (and hoping) that when the interior of the car is actually colder, the temp will stay more uniform...

Mine does the same thing, and it will do it even when it's below zero. Nice and toasty for a few minutes, then BAM, it's ice cold for what seems like 5 or maybe 10 minutes. The heated steering wheel shut-off takes first place in my list of things that really irk me about the LEAF. You would think limited range or battery degradation would be first place. But no, it's the heated steering wheel. It's such a tease. It's the cars best and worst feature for winter drivers. :roll:

Back