heater broken on day 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyGT02

It's my second day with the 2015 Leaf S and after last night it seems that the heater isn't working anymore.

Driving for 10 minutes in regular (non-eco) D mode, the heater was blasting code air with the temperature control set at 75. After testing it parked in my driveway running for half an hour, it's still ice cold.

Has anyone else had this issue?

You'll find a few threads on heater problems, use the search function. Most involve leaks. A heater not coming on could be a couple things. Please report back when they diagnosis it.

When it first got cold here in October, I could swear my heater wasn't working. I was worried it was due to them having replaced mine this last summer. I was all ready to go back for another warranty repair.

But first, I drove around with my trusty IR thermometer for a week, checking the temperature of the air. When I first tried turning it on, I had the thermostat set at between 72-75 and didn't have it on auto; rather on low fan. It never got warm like that. The air coming out was hot by the thermometer, ever though it didn't feel that way to me. I finally set it on the highest and put it on auto, and it shortly blasted hot air. Over a few days, I kept playing with the temp. I left it at 76 and on auto, and found it got warm quite quickly.

I realized that my heater was working; it was I that broken in thinking I could set the thermostat like my ICE.

With the weather in the ~40F the last week, I start with the thermostat on Auto at 74 for a few minutes to warm up the car, and then lower the fan.

Try turning the thing all the way up. If you don't have heat, bring it into the dealer.

I'd suggest pressing the "AUTO" button on the HVAC controls and letting the system manage how the heat is brought up. It waits to turn up the fan until there's enough heat to keep the air warm, then uses a very high fan speed to warm up the cabin quickly.

I have a 2013 S and my heater stopped working about 2 weeks after I took delivery, The dealer had to keep it for a week and they had to take the entire dash apart to replace something , not sure what it was. But now the heater works great.

That sucks Reg :(

I hope it doesn't take that long to fix. I'm dropping it off at the dealer Friday and have until Tuesday at the most before I need it back. I'll update when they diagnose.

Back