Hello/Goodbye: 36,000 miles and 11 bars; Leaf is going back

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobsfreeleaf

I have not posted for ages, but I am turning in my Leaf soon (three year lease). Just lost my first bar last week (sad), and my range is down from 85 to about 72. I live in an optimal San Diego climate, and did near everything to extend battery life (garaged, out of heat, kept battery at mid level charge whenever possible, never did a quick charge, never overheated) you know the drill. My commute was about 50 miles, and the car was perfect for that. Had a back up beater gas guzzler, and that was helpful on occasion. If you are thinking of getting a Leaf, go for it. It's the smartest financial decision you could make that benefits the planet, as well. This has been a fantastic experience, and I continue to recommend this car to everyone I know. I have driven for free based on the energy credits I have received to my home. (see my old posts if you care). I have only been stranded twice: Once with a flat tire (no spare) and once out of charge (two blocks from my house)

The lease deal was great, but I drove way more than I thought I would, so its going back early on my three year deal. I would get another Leaf, but come on, no styling change at all. No new colors, not a blessed thing I can notice (except range). So, out of sheer boredom, I am moving over to a Kia Soul EV. I hear the South Koreans make a mean EV.

That's all folks! See ya.

bobsfreeleaf said:
I have not posted for ages, but I am turning in my Leaf soon (three year lease). Just lost my first bar last week (sad), and my range is down from 85 to about 72. I live in an optimal San Diego climate, and did near everything to extend battery life (garaged, out of heat, kept battery at mid level charge whenever possible, never did a quick charge, never overheated) you know the drill. My commute was about 50 miles, and the car was perfect for that. Had a back up beater gas guzzler, and that was helpful on occasion. If you are thinking of getting a Leaf, go for it. It's the smartest financial decision you could make that benefits the planet, as well. This has been a fantastic experience, and I continue to recommend this car to everyone I know. I have driven for free based on the energy credits I have received to my home. (see my old posts if you care). I have only been stranded twice: Once with a flat tire (no spare) and once out of charge (two blocks from my house)

The lease deal was great, but I drove way more than I thought I would, so its going back early on my three year deal. I would get another Leaf, but come on, no styling change at all. No new colors, not a blessed thing I can notice (except range). So, out of sheer boredom, I am moving over to a Kia Soul EV. I hear the South Koreans make a mean EV.

That's all folks! See ya.
Hopefully you'll join other former MNL LEAF owners on the Soul EV forum, and will provide a comparison once you've got some time on the Soul. Enjoy!

Boredom and the great deal I got on my B Class motivated me to change. I had and loved two Leaf's but it was time to try something else.

bobsfreeleaf said:
I am moving over to a Kia Soul EV.
What month did you buy your leaf? Good choice on the Soul EV. How much range does it have at 100% charge? I heard that the EPA range was a blend of 80% and 100% state of charge.

bobsfreeleaf said:
I am moving over to a Kia Soul EV. I hear the South Koreans make a mean EV.
My kind of guy.

We made a switch on a lark (just going to look at the Soul) and never looked back. I am doing 95-97 range on hilly freeway driving 63-66 mph and lovin' it.

Just get Soul+ and try to get 15,000 mile lease for max 300 bucks. And you're on your way... :D

Back