Highest/Lowest Serial Number?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcalira

How many LEAFs born so far? Can we tell by serial numbers? I haven't seen one in the 26000s on this forum yet.

And what's the oldest LEAF on this forum (as measured by production date/serial number)? I think I saw 258, but maybe someone has a lower number?

A few weeks ago I saw a red SL with VIN #18 at a Leaf owners meeting. It was hosted by Nissan at Nissan's Fuel Cell Partnership facility in Sacramento. I was told this was one of the original US test Leafs. I couldn't see the mileage, but they said it was "very high".

-Phil

I was the second buyer of a Leaf in the world, VIN #151.

The only ICE car I will buy again will be an antique. :D

Just picked up my new 2011 Leaf. The bottom of the window sticker reads 20110826000015AS3661. Does this mean that I have Leaf #826 or is it something in the VIN? Love the new ride!

weekss said:
Just picked up my new 2011 Leaf. The bottom of the window sticker reads 20110826000015AS3661. Does this mean that I have Leaf #826 or is it something in the VIN? Love the new ride!

The last digits in your VIN (last 4-5 digits) are what people are using to identify their LEAFs. You can add that information to your User Profile information (along with your city/state) to help other forum members assist you whenever you have questions, especially when you have questions about your battery or the range of miles available to you in your car.

vrwl said:
weekss said:

The last digits in your VIN (last 4-5 digits) are what people are using to identify their LEAFs. You can add that information to your User Profile information (along with your city/state) to help other forum members assist you whenever you have questions, especially when you have questions about your battery or the range of miles available to you in your car.

My last 4 VIN digits are 8421. Surprised that it's that high a number. My '11 has the cold weather pkg, quick charge port, and based on recent driving seems to have no battery issues (has 12 bars, charges/runs well, etc).

weekss said:
My last 4 VIN digits are 8421. Surprised that it's that high a number. My '11 has the cold weather pkg, quick charge port, and based on recent driving seems to have no battery issues (has 12 bars, charges/runs well, etc).

I got my 2011 Leaf (#8597) back in June 2012. It only had 89 miles on it when I purchased it and I've added about 4000 miles to it since then. Really love this car. Be sure to add your location to your User Profile here on the forums. It provides invaluable information to those who will be conversing with you regarding your car, especially when discussing your battery range, capacity and the overall function of the car. Location, location, location! :)

LakeLeaf said:
I thought Gudy had the first delivery - wouldn't that make his the lowest serial # ?

not necessarily since his would not have been a "special" build. it would be on the line like any other. keep in mind, that several "firsts" in various areas were released and based loosely on VIN, first could be anything under 300.

i got mine jan 18th and it was part of 4 LEAFs delivered but I was "officially" the first "normal" delivery in WA if you dont count the "publicity" deliveries. But i was first mostly because i picked mine up at the earliest possible time.

now i have a build date of oct 2010. anyone have one before that?

Back