Holder or Mount for charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fogdog

What do you do with your charger when it is plugged in to the wall so it doesn't fall and get damaged?
My plug is a few feet off the ground and I don't like the idea of just letting it hang but am not sure what else to do. Has anyone found some sort of holder that you can install on your wall that would fit it pretty snugly? Or do you somehow mount it directly to your wall? We have a table nearby, but if someone tripped over the cord or something I don't want it to fall off the table and or pull the plug from the wall.
Any suggestions?

fogdog said:
What do you do with your charger when it is plugged in to the wall so it doesn't fall and get damaged?
My plug is a few feet off the ground and I don't like the idea of just letting it hang but am not sure what else to do. Has anyone found some sort of holder that you can install on your wall that would fit it pretty snugly? Or do you somehow mount it directly to your wall? We have a table nearby, but if someone tripped over the cord or something I don't want it to fall off the table and or pull the plug from the wall.
Any suggestions?

I've seen some on Amazon and eBay that are just "holsters". They accept a J1772 plug and have 4 mounting holes. Or if you have access to a 3D printer, there are lots available online for free to print out. My program says it would only take 3 hours to print one out.

fogdog said:
Any suggestions?

I thought about using 2 bicycle hanging hooks, placed just a little further apart than the edges of the "brick", so that it doesn't slide off. You could also use the hooks to hold the long cable up off the ground when not in use. Just place the hooks where you can leave the EVSE plugged in all the time.

i used modfied EVSE and the brick sits on metal file box and the handle sits on utility rack. it is not recommended to do what I do but have been doing it that way over a year and no issues. I could sling the end thru one of the vertical posts in the rack but that would take an extra 2-3 seconds daily to "untangle"...

Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know that I created a solution for this.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2979&p=396903&hilit=holster#p396903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the OP wants a mount for the EVSE, not the J-1772 plug. Before I installed the L-1 charging station I placed my Nissan EVSE in a plastic storage box on the floor. Not elegant, but simple and effective. I got my plug holster from, IIRC, EVSolutions on Ebay.

fogdog said:
Any suggestions?

If you're talking about the "brick", notice there are holes molded into the corners. A simple way to provide support is to loop some twine through one of the holes and attach to an appropriately-placed hook. This can take the weight off of the wall plug. It was more necessary with the 1st-gen version of the brick which was larger and heavier and had a straight-in plug vs the current 90-degree plug.

If you're talking about the "brick", notice there are holes molded into the corners.

I used some #8 x 2-1/2" drywall screws in those holes.
Outlet boxes are almost always located on a stud. I discovered that the stud was on the left side of the plug. I plugged in the EVSE, lifted it 1/4", and put a screw through the hole into the stud. I didn't tighten the screw completely. I put another screw in the lower hole on the same side.

Back