HOV Lane Stickers in Silicon Valley - how long does it take?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahed101

Hi,

I sent out the application for the HOV lane stickers in November 2. Nothing so far. Most Leaf owners I talked to say that it took them about 2 weeks to receive the stickers. I'm concerned that my application got lost in the mail.

Has anybody been able to contact DMV to check on the status of their application? If so, how and who did you contact?

Cheers,
Kathleen

Kathleen, sorry to hear! You could contact the DMV field office and inquire about the status of your application.

TomT said:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Field Office
Phone number: (916) 657-8035

kahed101 said:
I sent out the application for the HOV lane stickers in November 2. Nothing so far. Most Leaf owners I talked to say that it took them about 2 weeks to receive the stickers. I'm concerned that my application got lost in the mail.
I sent mine about three weeks after yours and haven't gotten mine. I guess I still have at least that much longer to wait, based on your experience.

Did you follow their checklist of stuff to make sure you do to avoid delaying your processing? Simple stuff like making sure to put the VIN into every requested box, including the top of the page that you sign on. Ticky tack, but apparently important enough to them to warn us.

Mine took about 4 weeks. I posted them off on the 19th of Oct and saw the check was cashed on 11/14. They arrived next week.

So look for the check cashing, there were a lot of Leaf's sold in the bay area in the last 3 months so it is taking longer. I was going to call them when I saw the check was cashed.

it takes a month to get stickers for a new vehicle.

you can wait for the plate to arrive or call (dont have the number any longer) and they will give you the plate number.
then you can send in.

Thanks all for your inputs. I'm happy to say that the HOV lane stickers arrived today, December 7.

For reference, my timeline was as follows:
- Purchased the Leaf on October 18.
- Received license plates (actual plates, not just the number) on November 2.
- Mailed application for HOV lane stickers on November 2.
- Received HOV lane stickers on December 7.

So, the license plates arrived very quickly, but the HOV lane stickers took a bit more than a month.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Back