How do I bypass the "accept" action when I start the leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisH said:
+1. Should have a checkbox to accept terms and conditions permanently, and a way to re-arm that feature should the car be sold, transferred, etc.

My guess is that they know that cannot predict who will be driving it, and that's why you have to accept T&C's each time, but since we have no idea what info is transmitted or retained, it's a black box.

Nissan should take a clue from Web and eCommerce to address the concept of profile administration, but my guess is that it would over-complicate vehicle administration to the point where it would be like admin'ing a computer, which is essentially what that system is - an onboard, wireless tablet.

Still, needs to be resolved, as this isn't a good user experience.

Totally agree that the car should know "who" is driving and set up a profile for that driver.

My mom's 1993 Audi queries the key you are using and automagically sets the seats and mirrors at the last saved position for that key. You could use the existing wireless fob as the "profile". You could either have a switch or removable portion of the key fob to disable that profile and allow others to drive your car.

rcyoder said:
ChrisH said:
+1. Should have a checkbox to accept terms and conditions permanently, and a way to re-arm that feature should the car be sold, transferred, etc.

My guess is that they know that cannot predict who will be driving it, and that's why you have to accept T&C's each time, but since we have no idea what info is transmitted or retained, it's a black box.

Nissan should take a clue from Web and eCommerce to address the concept of profile administration, but my guess is that it would over-complicate vehicle administration to the point where it would be like admin'ing a computer, which is essentially what that system is - an onboard, wireless tablet.

Still, needs to be resolved, as this isn't a good user experience.

Totally agree that the car should know "who" is driving and set up a profile for that driver.

My mom's 1993 Audi queries the key you are using and automagically sets the seats and mirrors at the last saved position for that key. You could use the existing wireless fob as the "profile". You could either have a switch or removable portion of the key fob to disable that profile and allow others to drive your car.
Given how freaking easy it would be for ANY car with motorized seats/mirrors to do exactly this it is amazing that it's not an option in all with motorized bits. I also remember a guy from the early 90's had this in his parents' car.

My leaf has no power seat unfortunately so it's moot for me.

I think all EULAs, which is what the "accept" button more or less is, should be banned. They are annoying, no one reads them, and therefore I would argue they are indefensible anyway.

Make it a permanent option in the settings. After all its the car owner that should be in control of this, not whoever is driving it.

I think lawyers invent these things to justify their existence.

TonyWilliams said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
one thing i did find out. on the Miles/KW meter. it does not go over 8.0 miles/K

The driver's dash miles/kWh readout will max out at 8, but the center navigation screen will go higher.

The center navigation screen will go to 99.9 miles/kWh. I know, as if I reset the center navigation miles/kWh after backing out of my garage, and then driving the 2 km from 100 meter altitude to the main road at almost sea level I will see 99.9. I've though about going for 99.9 miles/kWh on Carwings for a month, and getting the all time world record... All I would need to do would be to decline Carwings except when I'm going down a hill, and turn off then on at both top and bottom of the hill... But I'd rather have a life.

Back