How entusiastic are you, now that some days have gone by ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than ever! There are no words invented yet to describe the feeling I have using this car. It's indescribable! :mrgreen:

Two weeks in. Still very enjoyable. Still get daily 'cool ride' comments in parking lots. I find the car comfortable and it feels solid and knowing I can save a ton on gas always warms the cockles of my heart :)

I tested the traction control, set off from a light with wet roads due to a heavy rain. It handles very nicely and leaves everyone else stationary at the light :)

Still plenty of fun to drive.

JPWhite said:
I find the car comfortable and it feels solid
Exactly my feeling after 320 miles in the Hertz rental LEAF. I'm looking forward to having that feeling every day when I get my own Nissan LEAF in when I am allowed in 6-8 months.

just recently had to move some stuff. borrowed a truck. total driving was two roundtrips of about 30 miles. put $20 in gas (almost a months worth of charge for the Leaf) and returned the vehicle.

now, if i could have done it, i would much rather have made a half dozen trips with the Leaf. it would have been MUCH cheaper. but the thing that really bothered me was the noise. i have become so accustomed to the quiet!

DaveinOlyWA said:
just recently had to move some stuff. borrowed a truck. total driving was two roundtrips of about 30 miles. put $20 in gas (almost a months worth of charge for the Leaf) and returned the vehicle.

now, if i could have done it, i would much rather have made a half dozen trips with the Leaf. it would have been MUCH cheaper. but the thing that really bothered me was the noise. i have become so accustomed to the quiet!

Yeah Quietness is the one thing everyone notices if I give them a spin in the LEAF :)

One person said it was like riding in a spaceship. I haven't been abducted personally so cannot comment, but I'm taking their word for it.

cdub said:
I love my Leaf. :) I'm never selling it. Keeping it until the wheels fall off. :)

Same here...

I thought that buyers remorse would have set in by now, but much to my surprise it gets better every time I drive it.

Love it...plain and simple. Quiet, solid build, no gas, no noise, no fumes, low to no maintenance, very few moving parts that could potentially go bad, great navigation, comfortable ride, etc.....

Definitely a love affair...

Yesterday the "hobby band" that I play in did a show at a winery some 30 miles away. Packed up the bass player with his amp etc along with my kit bag, mic stands, music stands and such for the drive down there. Rather than the freeway, I chose a route which used 50 mph two lane roads through small towns. Goodness, what a lovely trip. Dead silent, wonderful handling, a real throw back to the nostalgic days of "time speed distance" car rallies of my misspent youth. My only disappointment with the car after a month and 700 miles is the rear visibility. It's typical for a car now days, but I hate it.

Almost three months and about 2500 miles since delivery.

Last weekend I rode in an ICEV for the first time in 10 weeks, for three hours and almost 200 miles in a Prius.

All I could think of was, What an inefficient way to travel.

Too bad the lack of DC infrastructure will require my occasional participation in this obsolescence.

Hopefully, not for too much longer.

rdhauser said:
My only disappointment with the car after a month and 700 miles is the rear visibility. It's typical for a car now days, but I hate it.

Have you tried removing the back headrests? Personally, I have no problems with rear visibility with the headrests in. I LOVE the cam and have my side mirrors set so there is absolutely no blind spots so I can always keep my eyes forward.

LEAFfan said:
rdhauser said:
My only disappointment with the car after a month and 700 miles is the rear visibility. It's typical for a car now days, but I hate it.

Have you tried removing the back headrests? Personally, I have no problems with rear visibility with the headrests in. I LOVE the cam and have my side mirrors set so there is absolutely no blind spots so I can always keep my eyes forward.

I agree the rear visibility is limited. I find the image in the rear-view mirror to be quite narrow, not what I'm used to in other vehicles. The rear-view camera makes up for that when maneuvering.

The rear visibility is not a problem for me when driving in traffic, but I can't get a field of view when backing that satisfies me.

I leave my house by backing out a driveway that is closely confined between two houses in a residential area with a lot of pedestrian traffic. If the rear side pillars didn't need to be so thick, then I could check each side of the sidewalk for oncoming trikes and tikes. However, just can't do that without stopping to glance left and right.

I'm adjusting to the use of mirrors and camera for parallel parking, but I feel like I'm not seeing the broader view of the area behind me, making judgements about who or what is approaching.

The back up camera gives you a large field of view. It takes some getting use to but eventually you find yourself trusting your view and simply backing out. I always turn my head to look, but have seen firsthand how well the camera works with pedestrians. I have a lot of little ones running around my neighborhood and the camera works great.

I would not recommend anyone purchase the SV without the camera, because of the poor visibility when backing up. It comes standard on the SL. Your right, almost all newer cars have the same problem.

JJnHAWAII said:
The back up camera gives you a large field of view. It takes some getting use to but eventually you find yourself trusting your view and simply backing out. I always turn my head to look, but have seen firsthand how well the camera works with pedestrians. I have a lot of little ones running around my neighborhood and the camera works great.

I would not recommend anyone purchase the SV without the camera, because of the poor visibility when backing up. It comes standard on the SL. Your right, almost all newer cars have the same problem.

I agree with JJnHamaII it is a great feature. The only flaw is that raindrops have a habit of accumulating on the lens distorting the image. For backing into parking spaces, I still look over my shoulder to align myself as I begin the maneuver then use the camera to make sure I straighten out dead center and can tell accurately how far to backup without fear of nudging the object or car behind me.

It gives one peace of mind when backing out of the garage that you aren't backing over the dog or grandchild.

I've had my Leaf 25 days and I'm still looking for any excuse to get out and drive it. I have 940 miles on it and have spent just over $17-how can that get old?? It is fun to drive, the only adjustment to my driving is getting used to "coasting" and not braking as much. The Leaf has so many more gadgets than my last car (Honda S2000) that I don't really miss it unless I see someone with the top down on a sunny day...of course, I don't miss paying for premium fuel! My biggest complaint so far? Fighting my hubby on a daily basis over who gets to drive it!! Love, love, love my Leaf!!!!!!!!!

My Leaf turned 6000 miles today. I've been putting $40 every 400 miles into a special account -- this is what I would have been paying for a tank of gas in my '04 Prius. It cost me about $1.20 per 100 miles to charge the Leaf. I enjoy driving the car, and especially like trying to improve efficiency. I check with Carwings a couple times a week to see how I'm doing. Of course, I still don't quite understand how Carwings. It seems there is a great discrepancy between regional and world numbers. I wish they would fix that.

Back