How much did your EVSE install cost?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First quote back in 2010 from Aerovironment was about $2,200. The outlet was in place so it was $1500 labor to show up, drive a couple screws and plug in. Of course I said no and did a self install as soon as a different brand was available to click and buy.

Flyct said:
$517.53 Eaton EVSE delivered.
$185.50 electrician labor and materials (wire, circuit breaker etc) and mounted and hardwired to panel.
-------------
$703.03 total

This is reasonable! I'm from Europe and I see reasonable prices in US, Wow :eek: :shock: :D

Something similar on this side. But I did have to route 100 feet of cable myself, including digging. A lot of shovel usage :lol:

jamieo said:
My installation cost here was $248 to install a 14-50P receptacle and $89 dispatch fee for the electrician. It took about an hour for him to do the work.
Mine was much the same. I recently had an electrician change my L6-20 outlet and meter to a 14-50. He charged me $125 and mostly used my own parts, so the total cost was about $160, not counting the meter, for which I paid about $50 four years ago. The EVSE I will be using, a Tesla UMC, comes with the car, so no additional cost for that.

24976443252_f8f44f50ed_n.jpg

I installed a L6-30R in my Parents garage so that I can hook up my www.EVSEupgrade.com upgraded #EVSE

Total Cost was around $85

Here are some pictures, Pretty sure you need a Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.660747094002338&type=1

L6-30R.jpg

Mine was $595 for the Clipper Creek LCS-25 (now you can get an HCS-40 for similar money) but another grand to install. I did it the fully legal way with permit. Part of the high cost was my municipality required a separate externally-mounted meter for the EVSE.

I am in the process of moving to a new house and had a 50 amp circuit with a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed there yesterday so that I can use my JuiceBox. At this house, the electrical box is on the outside wall, on the opposite side of the house from the garage. The electricians (from the same company I used before) ran the wires up through the attic, following an existing run. I'm not sure how much wire they used, but probably more than 50 feet. The total for this job was $1,031 (that includes an $89 service call fee- so $942 for the work). It took them a few hours to complete. The price was right in line with what I was expecting.

Back