How to remove rear tow hook?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBC

I am trying install a trailer hitch and the instructions say to "remove rear tow hook"". Easy to say, not so easy to do! They have these 16 mm square nuts on that seem to be embedded into the metal at each corner. How the H do I remove them? I can wrench as hard as I can with a 16 mm wrench but they will not budge.

Instructions where? The instructions I've seen in the Owner's Manual say that the LEAF doesn't have a rear tow hook, only a tie-down hook back there. They also say, "Do not tow a trailer with your vehicle." (Yes, in bold letters.)

Ray

Instructions from the hitch I bought.

Ya ya ya they say taking acid is bad for you too, you gotta live your life. It's only to carry a bike rack ... and maybe a boat... :lol:

MarkBC said:
I am trying install a trailer hitch and the instructions say to "remove rear tow hook"". Easy to say, not so easy to do! They have these 16 mm square nuts on that seem to be embedded into the metal at each corner. How the H do I remove them? I can wrench as hard as I can with a 16 mm wrench but they will not budge.
The nuts are welded to the frame, they don't come off. You can remove the bolt from the other end. ;)

Back