How wide do the doors swing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbbrown9

I'm trying to figure out how wide a '13 Leaf is with the doors open. Anyone mind measuring for me? I can't find it anywhere online.

Why? My wife and I may be on the verge of buying one and I'm trying to figure out if it'll fit in the garage. We have a 3-car garage, and a previous owner put up a dividing wall. She parks on one side and I currently park in the driveway. The unused 3rd bay is, I believe, 125" wide. I don't expect to be able to open the doors on both sides all the way, but I'd like to know how close I could get. We could tear that wall down, but I'd like to avoid the hassle, if possible.

This might be a good item to add to the wiki, if someone does find it:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Specs

Thanks!

Jbbrown9 said:
I'm trying to figure out how wide a '13 Leaf is with the doors open. Anyone mind measuring for me? I can't find it anywhere online.
JB,

With both front doors open, our 2011 LEAF is about 148 inches from door tip to door tip. Specs show the car is 70 inches wide, so that means each door needs 44 inches of unobstructed space to fully open.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Back