I can put my bike in here!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcomputer

My M3 was coming off warranty, so I decided to sell it and take advantage of the $5000 GA rebate on EVs. Got a 24 mo. lease on the "S" with QC.
I didn't expect to like it, but I have to say that after two days, I'm quite smitten, especially after I found out yesterday that I can put my bike inside without taking it apart :)
Also looking forward to the $350/month in gas savings!

Now- my commute is 50 miles round trip, about 80% highway. An additional 5-10 miles a day with school pick up, errands, etc. I just switched to the 100% charge mode. What do you guys think, it this appropriate?

My work will be installing chargers next month, but hopefully I won't have to depend on those if they aren't available (there's electric car fever going on at the office these days).
Haven't installed the 220v line to my garage yet, will have to see if that becomes necessary.

leaf_8.jpg

leaf_9.jpg

I greatly enjoyed your pictures, thanks!

Welcome, it's a fun and helpful community. I think that was a great choice.

100% charge, you're leasing, so unless you think you may buy it out at the end of your lease, 100% charge away! There's a lot of debate over -which- factors increase battery degradation, 100% vs. 80% charge being one of them, time seeming to be the biggest factor.

You will also find that should you need the rear seats, you can fit the bike in in the trunk with the wheels off pretty easily, too. Have done it multiple times with my 57cm Bianchi... With careful packing I've managed to fit one adult mountain bike and two kids bikes in the back...

Back